Blendo Alternatives and Competitors
If you’re looking into Blendo and its competitors, you likely spend 30, 40 or maybe even 50 hours every week gathering all of your marketing data from AdWords, LinkedIn, Facebook, and other platforms.
Aggregating all of this data from so many sites can be a complete nightmare. Fortunately for marketers and agencies, companies like Blendo and its alternatives are making the data aggregation and reporting process easier than ever by bringing in all of your data to a single source of truth, often in real time, in just minutes.
Blendo may have a few limitations compared to its alternatives and competitors.
Keep reading below to view a detailed comparison between several leading platforms: Blendo, Improvado, Datorama, Supermetrics, Domo, and Funnel.io.
What is Improvado?
Improvado is a tool built by marketers, for marketers to get all their data into one place, in real-time, with automated dashboards and reports.
Who should use Improvado?
The Improvado platform is specifically focused on the marketing dilemma and will connect to any marketing platform you need. The integrations run deep, pulling in granular data from the keyword and ad level, to allow you to see the complete picture.
This simple and intuitive platform eliminates the need for developers to help you implement it or make changes.
Improvado provides customer service reps included in every package who are highly attentive. A representative will work with you to customize dashboards and integrations to ensure that you're visualizing the data in exactly the way you need it.
You can choose to view your data inside the Improvado dashboard or you have the freedom to extract your data and download it, send it to a data warehouse, or visualize it in the BI tool of your choice, like Tableau or Looker.
- Full support with a customer service rep included
- Marketing integrations are deep and granular, so you can see data at the keyword or ad level
- Ability to create custom metrics and map data across platforms
- Great for brands managing spend across multiple digital marketing channels
- Great for ad agencies managing campaigns for multiple clients
- View ad creatives from within your dashboard -- This feature is super helpful and I have not seen it offered anywhere else!
- Aggregate all your marketing data into one place, in real time.
- Reduce manual reporting time by 90%.
- No developers needed.
- Plug and play
- Completely customizable and will build out any custom integration
- Some of the more granular features can be a bit complicated, but support is great about walking users through them.
- In order to get your dashboards and reports visualized in exactly the way you want, there may be some initial back and forth with your customer support rep.
Improvado is customized for its users. The best way to customize the platform to your specific needs and receive pricing details is to set up a call with them.
Improvado has 80+ Integrations with plans to grow to 500 by the end of 2018. Don’t see what you need? They will build out custom integrations for any data source you request.
Request a demo now and get 1 month free.
What is Blendo?
Blendo is a self-serve data integration tool that connects data from cloud databases and apps to a data warehouse, such as BigQuery or Amazon Redshift, for analytics.
Who should use Blendo?
Blendo is good for both non-technical and technical marketing teams alike, enabling easy access to cloud data. The platform provides analytics-ready data from a variety of sources, such as NetSuite, Zendesk, Pardot, and Salesforce within minutes and with zero maintenance.
- Easy to use
- Helpful customer support
- No engineer assistance needed
- Sometimes pipelines need some maintenance
- Not as flexible to change parameters for integrations after the initial setup
- Doesn’t offer as many database connections as some competitors
- Importing data the first time can take a while
Blendo doesn’t provide any pricing information on their site, so you will need to contact the company for a quote. There is a 14-day free trial offered.
Blendo offers 50+ data integrations. View the entire list of integrations here.
What is Domo?
Domo is software solution specializing in company-wide business intelligence and data visualization.
Who should use Domo?
Domo is good for enterprise companies, and specifically C-level executives. This platform is primarily designed for company-wide use for creating executive-level dashboards and isn’t specifically focused on the marketing dilemma.
Since Domo is focused on general business data, and not particularly on marketing data, the platform has a vast capacity when it comes to company-wide executive dashboards and business intelligence.
For marketers, Domo may not be the ideal pick for their data aggregation and visualization needs. The integrations for marketing data are limited and the connectors don’t typically run that deep.
- Assistance from IT department isn’t needed for implementation
- Can view data in a single dashboard in real time
- Provides 500+ data connectors across IT, Marketings, Sales, Operations, HR, and Finance
- Marketing integrations are limited due to being a more general business data tool
- Can be cost prohibitive for businesses wanting a tool for only marketing data
- You can only view data in the Domo Dashboard with no ability to export, save as a file, or view data in another BI tool
- No database provided. You need a separate budget for that
- Entirely cloud-based, which can cause problems if most data is stored on site
- Requires a lot of professional services for initially getting reports up and running
- Additional professional service fees associated with all of the onboarding and training
Customers are charged an annual subscription for the Domo platform and pricing varies based on the number of users that need access. A30-day free trial is offered.
Domo Marketing Integrations
The company has over 50 marketing integrations. See all Domo marketing integrations here.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is a BI and analytics tool designed to help marketers aggregate all of their data from numerous platforms into a single dashboard of truth.
Who should use Datorama?
Datorama is good for highly technical marketing teams or teams with access to engineering resources. SQL knowledge is needed to effectively use the software effectively, so it’s not for amateurs.
While the software is rather complex and technical and complex, Datorama does focus specifically on the marketing dilemma and boasts that it offers every integration possible, even integrations with some platforms that don’t offer API connections, which can be seen as questionable.
Due to the difficulty of use, help from an implementation engineer familiar with the coding language Datorama uses is often needed just to get the software set up properly or to make changes. Once the platform is set up properly, however, it’s a powerful tool.
Datorama may be too expensive for some businesses and customer service representatives are only available to those users who upgrade to the premium level.
- Powerful capabilities for data visualization
- Boasts having 400 marketing integrations, however, there’s no list available anywhere on the website
- Not very intuitive and time consuming, which causes a steep learning curve
- Very manual process to get data to a workable state
- Cross-channel comparison is limited and tricky
- Difficult to set up new campaigns or make any changes without assistance from an implementation engineer
- Naming conventions can be confusing
- Can only view data in the Datorama dashboard. No ability to export or save as a file.
- Up-charge for access to customer service reps
- Users are charged by the number of lines of data, which is costly if running multiple campaigns
Customers are charged based on lines of data. If you have several campaigns running, this can get fairly expensive.
Claims to offer 400 marketing integrations, but there’s no list anywhere on the website.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a basic data extraction tool for marketing data. The platform helps marketers by pulling PPC, social, analytics, and SEO, data into a single source for analysis and reporting.
Learn about the best alternatives to Supermetrics and top competitors on the market of data aggregation tools.
Who should use Supermetrics?
The platform is best for startups that primarily use Facebook, Google Analytics, and Adwords. Basically, the tool pulls data from a limited list of sources into Google Sheets and/or Google Data Studio. If you use any other channels, or need visualizations or more sophisticated dashboards, Supermetrics won’t be that helpful.
- Good for extracting granular data from Google Analytics, Facebook, and Adwords
- Cheaper base option compared to competitors
- No data visualizations offered
- No data transformation or mapping capabilities
- Can have some difficulties with initial setup
- Doesn’t integrate with many BI tools and data can only be viewed in Google Data Studio or Google Sheets
- History of issues with data accuracy
- There’s a limited number of rows for data with Google Sheets, so you may cap out if exporting too many lines of data
- Have to run queries on top of Google Sheets
- Easy to outgrow the platform’s capabilities
- Claims to offer over 40 integrations, but they’re very basic and don’t have access to more granular data
- Very manual process required and ease-of-use is less than ideal
Supermetrics is by far the cheapest solution, starting at just $19/month, but the product offering is fairly rudimentary.
There are different plans depending on where you want to send data, and the cost can add up quickly if any add-ons are needed.
The company claims to have over 40 integrations, but no list is available on their site.
What is Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is a platform for marketing analytics aiming to integrate with all of the platforms you use for advertising and marketing
Who should use Funnel.io?
The tool’s data mapping interface lets users map and group data. The collected data can also be imported directly into a Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, a dashboard solution, or a data warehouse. Unfortunately, Tableau enthusiasts may be disappointed as Funnel.io doesn’t offer a direct integration with the BI tool.
While the platform boasts having connections with 395 data sources, those integrations are not quite as granular as a marketer may need. For example, it can be difficult to get data on the ad set level in Facebook. This type of data is critical for marketers. Once this flaw is discovered, Funnel.io users often migrate to Improvado.
The benefit of Funnel.io is that the platform is basic and self-serve. However, this can also be a drawback if you need the support of a customer success manager which is not included at the basic price level.
Funnel.io is great for small business owners and early-stage companies because it can be used on a month-to-month basis. Users are charged based on ad spend. While this is great in the beginning, as the company grows, the cost to use Funnel.io grows as well while the depth of integrations remains limiting.
- Integrations with 395 data sources
- Visualization widgets have a large amount of flexibility, with several options for graphs and charts.
- Ability to export your data
- Difficult to get granular data. For example, unable to get data at the ad set level on Facebook or information about Users or Sessions from Google Analytics.
- No attribution reporting.
- No control for user over when channels update their APIs.
- High learning curve in creating and using data transformations.
- User difficulties in matching sources to dimensions.
- There is no direct Tableau integration. Users have to upload their data to a data warehouse first.
- There are more limitations than other platforms, for example, you can't create custom metrics.
- Custom metrics are not an option.
- Adding multiple accounts to a single report is difficult. If you are an ad agency wanting to look at multiple Facebook Ad accounts in one report, for example, you may encounter issues doing so.
Funnel.io charges on a per month basis, starting at $299/month for its Standard plan. It boasts an unlimited number of data sources and users. However, there is an additional cost per month for each additional destination you connect your data to which can add up quickly.
They claim to have 395 data sources. View the complete list of Funnel.io integrations here.
If you're in the market for a data aggregation and analytics platform to help you gather all your marketing data into one place, you will want to take a close look at this list, comparing Blendo, Improvado, Supermetrics, Domo, Funnel. Io, and Datorama. There is a lot to consider from integrations with other platforms and ease-of-use to customer support and customization.
Check out Funnel.io Alternatives and Competitors in 2021
What is Data Aggregation? [Complete Guide]
500+ data sources under one roof to drive business growth. 👇