Funnel.io Alternatives and Competitors in 2021
Aggregating data across multiple platforms can be an absolute nightmare. Luckily, there are now a variety of tools that will automate data aggregation and reporting for you.
Companies like Funnel.io are making it possible for marketers to integrate all of their data, in real time, and in one place, often in minutes. Funnel.io may have some limitations when compared to its alternatives and competitors.
Keep reading to see a detailed comparison between leading platforms: Funnel.io, Improvado, Supermetrics, Domo and Datorama.
Read carefully because they are all different!
Briefly about Funnel.io
What is Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is a marketing analytics platform that aims to integrate with all of your marketing and advertising platforms.
Who should use Funnel.io?
Similar to Improvado, the data mapping interface allows you to map and group data. The collected data can be fed directly into a data warehouse, dashboard solution, Google Sheets, or Google Data Studio. However, for the Tableau enthusiast, Funnel.io does not have a direct integration.
The platform boasts having connections with 500 data sources.
The benefit of Funnel.io is that the platform is user-friendly.
Funnel.io is great for small business owners and early-stage companies because it can be used on a month-to-month basis. Users are charged based on ad spend. While this is great in the beginning, as the company grows, the cost to use Funnel.io grows as well. It can also be used for enterprises.
- Integrations with 500 data sources
- Visualization widgets have a large amount of flexibility, with several options for graphs and charts.
- Ability to export your data
- There is no direct Tableau integration. Users have to upload their data to a data warehouse first.
- Funnel.io API updates can sometimes present challenges.
- Easy point and click data transformation interface may take some time to learn.
Funnel.io charges on a per month basis, starting at $499/month for its Standard plan. It boasts an unlimited number of data sources and users. However, there is an additional cost per month for each additional destination you connect your data to which can add up quickly.
They claim to have 500 data sources. View the complete list of Funnel.io integrations here.
Even though Funnel is a great tool for small brands and agencies, there are some problems users face. The majority of users are happy with customer support, while many users found it lacks granularity.
Read more about Funnel.io reviews on G2.
Top Funnel.io Alternatives and Competitors to watch in 2021
What is Improvado?
Improvado is a tool built by marketers, for marketers to get all their data into one place, in real-time, with automated dashboards and reports.
Learn about Best Dashboard Software
Who should use Improvado?
The Improvado platform is specifically focused on the marketing dilemma and will connect to any marketing platform you need. The integrations run deep, pulling in granular data from the keyword and ad level, to allow you to see the complete picture. It’s a great tool for marketing analysts, performance marketers, and managers of all levels, who use marketing data on a daily basis. Here are a few industries that benefited the most from Improvado:
- Marketing agencies (nice insights from Chacka's experience)
- Medium & large size brands and enterprises
This simple and intuitive platform eliminates the need for developers to help you implement it or make changes.
Improvado provides customer service reps included in every package who are highly attentive. A representative will work with you to customize dashboards and integrations to ensure that you're visualizing the data in exactly the way you need it.
You can choose to view your data inside the Improvado dashboard or you have the freedom to extract your data and download it, send it to a data warehouse, or visualize it in the BI tool of your choice, like Tableau or Looker.
Here you can find a comprehensive comparison of Funnel.io and Improvado.io
- Full support with a customer service rep included
- Marketing integrations are deep and granular, so you can see data at the keyword or ad level
- Ability to create custom metrics and map data across platforms
- Great for brands managing spend across multiple digital marketing channels
- Great for ad agencies managing campaigns for multiple clients
- View ad creatives from within your dashboard -- This feature is super helpful and I have not seen it offered anywhere else
- Aggregate all your marketing data into one place, in real time
- Reduce manual reporting time by 90%
- No developers needed
- Completely customizable and will build out any custom integration
- Some of the more granular features can be a bit complicated, but support is great about walking users through them
- In order to get your dashboards and reports visualized in exactly the way you want, there may be some initial back and forth with your customer support rep
Improvado is customized for its users. The best way to customize the platform to your specific needs and receive pricing details is to set up a call with them.
Improvado has 200+ Integrations. Don’t see what you need? They will build out custom integrations for any data source you request.
What is Domo?
Who should use Domo?
Domo is best for C-level executives at enterprise companies. This platform best serves a company-wide (non-marketing specific) BI tool to create executive-level dashboards.
Domo is not specifically focused on marketing data, just business data in general. That means, its capacity is vast when it comes to business intelligence and executive dashboards company-wide.
For marketing data specifically, it may not be the best pick for aggregating and visualizing. Its marketing integrations are limited, the connectors don't run as deeply, and the tool overall may be too expensive if you are looking for a platform to serve just the marketing team's needs.
- Offers more than 500 connectors across Finance, HR, IT, Operations, Sales and Marketing
- Ability to view real-time data in one dashboard
- Don't need to get the IT department involved in the implementation
- Not focused specifically on marketing, so marketing integrations are limited
- Domo is completely cloud-based, which is limiting if you store most of your data on-site
- You have to view your data on the Domo dashboard, you can't export it, save it as a file, or view it on the BI tool of your choice
- Once your data is in Domo, they own it. If you stop working with them, you lose that data
- Domo is fairly secretive about their pricing and is cost prohibitive for many businesses
- Lack of improvement. There hasn’t been a major refresh of the platform in years, or much product innovation to speak of
- Requires a lot of professional services to get the reports up and running initially
- Customer support is pretty inaccessible. There are additional professional service fees associated with all of the onboarding and training for the platform, which typically takes several months
- No database provided - need a separate budget for that
Domo Marketing Integrations:
Has 52+ marketing integrations.
Pricing is offered as an annual subscription and varies based on the number of users that need access. The company does offer a 30-day free trial.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is an analytics and business intelligence platform that aims to helps marketers unify their data across platforms into a single source of truth.
Who should use Datorama?
Datorama is designed for highly technical marketing teams or teams with engineering resources. Knowledge of SQL is required to use the software effectively. It is not for the amateur.
While the software is technical and complex they do focus specifically on the marketing dilemma and claim to have every integration possible. Some of their claims even boast integrations with ones that do not offer API connections (which is questionable).
Because of the difficulty of use, marketing teams often need to hire an implementation engineer that knows the Datorama coding language, just to get it set up properly or to make any changes. Once you do have it set up properly, the tool is powerful.
Datorama may be too expensive for some companies and customer service reps are only available to those who upgrade to a premium level.
- Claims to have 400 marketing integrations (*but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site)
- Powerful visualization capability
- Steep user learning curve as the platform is not very intuitive and time consuming.
- Difficult to set up new campaigns or make changes without an implementation engineer.
- You can only view your data through the Datorama dashboard, you can't export it, save it as a file, or view it on the BI tool of your choice.
- Customers are charged by the number of lines of data, which can be very cost prohibitive if you have numerous campaigns running.
- Naming conventions are confusing. Some metrics are named very differently from how they appear in the source.
- Access to a customer service rep is an up-charge.
- Very manual process getting data into a workable state.
- Database solution is not available through their platform, you need to use a separate service for that.
- Comparing across channels is tricky and limited.
Datorama charges customers based on lines of data. If users have several campaigns running, this can get rather expensive.
They claim to have 400 marketing integrations, but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a simple data extraction platform for marketers. It is a tool that helps marketers by pulling social, SEO, PPC, and analytics data into a single place for reporting and analysis.
Learn about the best alternatives to Supermetrics and top competitors on the market of data aggregation tools.
Who should use Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is designed for startups that mainly use Facebook, Adwords and Google Analytics. All the platform really does is pull your data from a limited list of platforms into Google Sheets or Google Data Studio. If you end up using any other channels or need any more sophisticated dashboards or visualization, this will not be that helpful.
- Good for extracting granular data from Facebook, Adwords, and Google Analytics.
- They don't offer transformation. You can't map the data together across platforms, you'd have to do that on your own.
- They don't offer any visualizations.
- They have a lot of data accuracy issues.
- Initial setup can be difficult.
- They don't have integrations with many BI tools. Data can only be sent to Google Sheets or Google Data Studio.
- Google spreadsheets has a limited number of rows of data, so you'll get capped out if you need to export too many lines of data.
- You'll need to run your own queries on top of your google sheets.
- They claim to have 40+ integrations, but the rest of them are very basic without access to granular data.
- The ongoing ease of use is less than ideal. There are manual processes required throughout.
- They do not offer a database solution.
- They do not offer transformation capabilities.
- Its easy for marketers to outgrow Supermetrics capabilities.
Supermetrics is the cheapest solution by far, starting at $19 per month, but their product offering is very rudimentary.
There are different plans depending on where you plan to send your data, and the cost adds up quickly if you need to purchase any of the add ons.
They claim to have 100+ integrations, but they don't provide a list of integrations on their site.
If you're in the market for a marketing analytics platform to help you aggregate all your data into one place, you'll likely want to review this list in detail, comparing Funnel.io vs Improvado vs Supermetrics vs Domo vs Datorama. There is a lot to consider from ease of use, to integration with the platforms you use as well as customization and access to customer support.
Get on a call with a marketing integration expert to discuss your needs and pick the right solution for you.