Top Supermetrics's Alternatives & Competitors in 2022 [Latest Research]
Whether you currently using Supermetrics or trying to get a better understanding of your options when it comes to collecting marketing data, this article was meant to help you.
Thanks to marketing data aggregation tools like Supermetrics, Improvado, Funnel.io, and Adverity, it's easier than ever to automate all your data into reports and dashboards — cutting out 40+ hours/week of wasted time building manual reports.
Now your marketing data can be available for you in real-time. So you can make quick optimizations to your campaigns and improve ROI.
Briefly about Supermetrics
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a simple data extraction platform that collects data from multiple places into a single place for reporting and analysis.
Who should use Supermetrics?
Super metrics is designed for the small startup and works well for marketers that have not yet progressed past Facebook, Google Ads and Google Analytics. Google Sheets and Google Data Studio are currently the only options for collecting the aggregated data. Once the small startup begins to grow they find their say to Supermetrics alternatives and competitors. It's one of the best Data Studio alternatives a growing team can choose.
- Extracts granular data from Facebook, Adwords, and Google Analytics.
- One of the best Google Sheets competitors
- Great for fans of Google Data Studio
- To map data together across platforms you have to do it manually
- No visualizations available
- Data accuracy issues
- Difficult setup
- Lack of integrations with many BI tools. Users can only send data to Google Sheets or Google Data Studio
- A limited number of data rows, you get capped out if data lines exceed the limit
- Have to run your own queries on top of google sheets - if you don't know how to run a query, you are out of luck
- Ongoing ease of use is pretty sub-optimal; There are manual processes required throughout
- Claim to have 40+ integrations, but many are very basic without access to granular data
- Do not offer a database solution or transformation capabilities
- Marketers can quickly outgrow Supermetrics capabilities
Ideal for small companies on a tight budget with plans starting as low as $19 per month. But the platform is limited.
Different plans are available depending on where you send your data. If add-ons are needed Supermetrics cost can add up quickly.
Supermetrics claims to have 40+ integrations, though there is no list of what those 40+ integrations are on the website. Google Analytics Supermetrics is one of them. Supermetrics Facebook integration works well.
Top Supermetrics Alternatives & Competitors in 2022
What is Improvado?
Improvado collects all your marketing data into one place. It syncs into every marketing platform you use, and gathers the data piplines into the Improvado platform or sends it straight to your BI tools, with no dev help needed. It was designed by marketers for marketers. Now all your marketing reports and dashboards are automated in real-time.
Who should use Improvado?
Improvado is for any marketer seeking to simplify and streamline the work of aggregating data into an easy-to-use database. The program automates the entire process -- freeing up your time to work on other marketing tasks.
Improvado has hundreds of integrations with platforms like Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Data Studio, Snapchat, Shopify, Mailchimp, Salesforce and more. This makes it easy to get the data you need, from wherever it lives. Integrations run deep and pull granular data from both the keyword and ad level.
Improvado allows you to view data in real-time, viewing your marketing performance from a high level or drill into the nitty-gritty details.
It's easy to pull out the data from your marketing tools and into custom dashboards and reports, but their customer service team is incredibly helpful if you need their support. Their customer support is available throughout every step and pays close attention to the specific needs of the individual client. Collected data is viewable on the BI tool of your choice as well as through Improvado’s dashboard. The user experience is a high priority.
So depending on your use case and a type of business Improvado has a set of features that might be suitable for your team:
How to understand if Improvado is the right choice for you?
Here is a list of pros and cons that may help you to feel whether Improvado is a right choice for you.
- Customer support is included and available throughout every step
- Implementation is simple, no developers required
- Compatible with the BI tool of your choice, including Tableau, Looker etc.
- Data aggregated in real-time to a single destination
- Completely customizable, including custom metrics and integrations
- Deep and granular data integrations
- Pulls data from multiple platforms
- Some of the more granular features can appear complicated, but this is offset by excellent customer service when it comes to helping users through any Supermetrics issues and building any needed custom calculations.
- Some initial back and forth may be needed with customer support to set up dashboards and reports exactly how you want them
Improvado can assess your business needs and give you pricing details during a call.
Improvado provides 200 pre-built data connectors. You can custom integrate any data source you need. With more than 90 Supermetrics integrations, it's easy to get access to all your marketing performance and spend data.
What is Funnel.io?
The marketing analytics platform Funnel, aims to integrate with all of your marketing and advertising platforms.
Who should use Funnel.io?
This data mapping interface allows the user to map and group data. Aggravated data, collected in real-time, can be fed directly into a data warehouse, dashboard solution, Google Sheets, or Google Data Studio. However, Funnel does not work with all BI tools. If you're a Tableau enthusiast, you'll discover quickly that this platform lacks a direct integration with Tableau. Supermetrics for Google Sheet is also an effective upgrade.
Funnel claims 395 data integrations. While that is quite a high number of integrations, they are often not as granular as some marketers may need. For example, It is difficult to gather critical ad set level Facebook data. Tableau lovers and those needing deep and granular data integrations tend to migrate to a competitor.
The platform is basic and customer support is not included at the basic price level.
Funnel can be used on a month-to-month basis. Users are charged based on ad spend, which is great in the beginning when the company is still small. The cost to use this platform grows with the user though the depth of integrations does not.
- Integrations with 395 data sources
- Visualization widgets have a large amount of flexibility, several options for graphs and charts
- Ability to export your data
- Difficult to get granular data. Unable to get data at the ad set level on Facebook or information about Users or Sessions from Google Analytics
- They do not offer a database solution - you have to pay for that separately.
- No attribution reporting
- When channels update APIs is not customizable
- Creating and using data transformations are difficult to learn - there are several different subcategories that you have to teach yourself to use the system properly
- Matching sources to dimensions is challenging
- No direct Tableau integration
- More limitations than other platforms
- Users are unable to create custom metrics
- It's difficult to add multiple accounts to one report. For example, if you are an agency wanting to look at multiple AdWords accounts under one report, you may have difficulty doing so
Funnel offers a variety of plans beginning with the Standard at $299/month. Though it boasts an unlimited number of data sources and users there is an additional fee per month for added on destinations. Prices add up quickly.
View the complete list of Funnel’s 395 data sources here.
What is Adverity?
Created with data-driven decision makers in mind, Adverity is an automated data integration and visualization platform. The platform’s Data Tap tool allows users to increase efficiency of reporting and analytics.
Who should use Adverity?
Adverity is for marketers and marketing agencies that seek to connect and work with their media, e-commerce, and marketing platforms from one central location. The platform provides users with analytics and efficient reporting of aggravated data.
- Full control over your data
- Fast integration of data sources
- Scalable and flexible
- 200+ integrations.
- A steep learning curve for those inexperienced with using data
- The UX-flow could use improvements
- Need a good understanding of data to get the most out of the platform
- Needs more customization of the UI dashboards
- Support and sales teams are mostly Europe based, making customer service time lag depending on your location
- Ramp up time can take several months
- No database provided - you need an alternative budget allocated for that.
No prices are listed on the website. To get pricing details and to request a demo you will have to contact the company directly.
On their website, the Adverity platform lists over 150 integrations.
Our top pick? Improvado. Improvado offers deep and granular data integrations and is compatible with multiple BI tools, including Tableau. The platform is customizable and comes with customer service from day one.
Still have doubts about the platform to chose? Get in touch with data integration experts.