Whatagraph Alternatives and Competitors
If you’re thinking about using Whatagraph and its alternatives, you probably are spending up to 40 or 50 hours every week manually gathering all of your marketing data from platforms such as Facebook, AdWords, and many others.
Aggregating all of this data can be an exhausting, time-consuming nightmare. Fortunately, companies like Whatagraph are making it easier than ever for marketers to bring all of their data in real time into a single destination, often in just minutes.
Whatagraph may have a few disadvantages when compared to some of its alternatives and competitors, so keep reading for a detailed comparison between Whatagraph, Improvado, Supermetrics, Funnel.io, and Datorama.
What is Improvado?
Improvado is a tool built by marketers, for marketers to get all their data into one place, in real-time, with automated dashboards and reports.
Who should use Improvado?
The Improvado platform is specifically focused on the marketing dilemma and will connect to any marketing platform you need. The integrations run deep, pulling in granular data from the keyword and ad level, to allow you to see the complete picture.
This simple and intuitive platform eliminates the need for developers to help you implement it or make changes.
Improvado provides customer service reps included in every package who are highly attentive. A representative will work with you to customize dashboards and integrations to ensure that you're visualizing the data in exactly the way you need it.
You can choose to view your data inside the Improvado dashboard or you have the freedom to extract your data and download it, send it to a data warehouse, or visualize it in the BI tool of your choice, like Tableau or Looker.
- Full support with a customer service rep included
- Marketing integrations are deep and granular, so you can see data at the keyword or ad level
- Ability to create custom metrics and map data across platforms
- Great for brands managing spend across multiple digital marketing channels
- Great for ad agencies managing campaigns for multiple clients
- View ad creatives from within your dashboard -- This feature is super helpful and I have not seen it offered anywhere else!
- Aggregate all your marketing data into one place, in real time.
- Reduce manual reporting time by 90%.
- No developers needed.
- Plug and play
- Completely customizable and will build out any custom integration
- Some of the more granular features can be a bit complicated, but support is great about walking users through them.
- In order to get your dashboards and reports visualized in exactly the way you want, there may be some initial back and forth with your customer support rep.
Improvado is customized for its users. The best way to customize the platform to your specific needs and receive pricing details is to set up a call with them.
Improvado has 80+ Integrations with plans to grow to 500 by the end of 2018. Don’t see what you need? They will build out custom integrations for any data source you request.
Request a demo now and get 1 month free.
What is Whatagraph?
Whatagraph aims to automate the marketing performance reporting process by gathering data from numerous marketing channels and presenting that data as infographic reports. These reports can also be shared with your team or clients.
Who should use Whatagraph?
Whatagraph is good for marketing agencies for saving time and presenting data analytics in a visually appealing and easy to understand way to their team and clients. The visual reports can be used to track and understand data behind the performance of digital marketing campaigns, websites, and more.
The platform makes it easier to keep clients in the loop through real-time reports or automated report delivery. You can also create custom reports using Whatagraph’s widgets, pre-made templates, and an array of metrics. The tool provides a way to present clients with complicated data in a more engaging way to help them make better business decisions.
- Great customer service
- Easy to use platform
- Customizable visual reports you can share
- Automated report delivery
- May be a bit pricey for smaller businesses
- Doesn’t offer as many integrations as some competitors
- No Tableau, Looker, or Zapier integrations
- Can take a while to show historical data
- Website speed could use some improvement
- Data sources aren’t very deep or granular
Pricing for Whatagraph starts at $99 per month for the Professional plan. The company also offers a 7-day free trial.
Whatagraph offers 40+ integrations. You can view the full list here.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is a BI platform for data analytics that is designed to help marketers aggregate all of their data into a single source of truth from several different data sources.
Who should use Datorama?
Datorama is best for highly technical marketing teams or teams with access to engineering resources, since SQL knowledge is needed to use the platform effectively.
While the platform can be complex and technical. it does focus specifically on the marketing dilemma, with the company even claiming that it offers every possible integration there is, including ones that don’t provide API connections.
Companies may need help from an implementation engineer that has knowledge of the Dataroma coding language to get the software up and running properly. However, once it is set up, it’s a powerful tool.
The BI tool may be a bit cost prohibitive for some businesses and access to customer service representatives is only available on the premium level.
- Claims to offer almost 400 marketing integrations, but there isn’t a list available on their website
- Powerful data visualization capabilities
- Cross-channel comparison can be tricky and limited
- Can only view data in the Datorama dashboard
- Steep learning curve
- Not the most intuitive platform
- Confusing naming conventions
- Customers are charged by lines of data, which can be costly if you have numerous campaigns at one time
- Difficult to set up new campaigns or make changes without an implementation engineer
- Access to a customer service representative is an up-charge
- Very manual process getting data into a workable state
Datorama charges customers based on the number of lines of data. If you have several campaigns running at one time, this can get rather costly.
Datorama claims to have almost 400 marketing integrations, but there’s no list anywhere on their site.
What is Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is a business intelligence platform for marketing analytics and is designed to integrate with all of your marketing and advertising data sources.
Who should use Funnel.io?
The data mapping interface of Funnel.io allows users to map and group data, similar to Improvado. Collected data can be sent directly to a dashboard, a data warehouse, Google Sheets, or Google Data Studio. Unfortunately for Tableau users, there is no direct integration available.
The tool is great for small business owners or companies in their early stages since Funnel.io can be used on a monthly basis, charged based on the amount of ad spend. While this is good in the beginning, the cost to use the platform increases as the company grows and the depth of the integrations offered remains limited. While Funnel.io claims it provides nearly 400 data connections, those integrations aren’t generally as granular as marketers may need.
The main selling point of Funnel.io is that it’s a basic platform and self-serve. However, this can also be seen as a drawback if you need help from a customer success manager, which isn’t included with the base plan.
- Claims to offer almost 400 data source connections
- Ability to export your data
- Flexible visualization widgets, with a variety of chart and graphs
- Difficult to get granular data
- No reporting available for attribution
- Difficult to add multiple accounts to a single report
- No control over when channels update their APIs
- Can sometimes have a learning curve with data transformations
- No direct integration with Tableau
- More limitations than other tools
- No ability to create custom metrics
- Matching sources to dimensions can sometimes be difficult
Pricing for Funnel.io is on a monthly basis, starting at $299 per month. There is an additional fee for each additional destination you connect your data.
Funnel.io claims to offer almost 400 data sources. View the complete list of integrations here.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a simple data extraction tool, helping marketers pull data their social, analytics, SEO, and PPC data from several data sources into a single place for reporting and analysis.
Who should use Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is good for startups that primarily use Google Analytics, Facebook, and AdWords. All the software basically does is pull data from a limited list of sources into Google Data Studio or Google Sheets. If you need dashboards or more sophisticated data visualizations, Supermetrics may not be the most useful tool to you.
- Able to extract granular data from Adwords, Facebook, and Google Analytics
- No data visualization or transformation capabilities
- No data mapping feature
- Lacks integrations with many business intelligence tools
- Only able to send data to Google Sheets or Google Data Studio
- Known for having some issues with data accuracy
- Initial setup can sometimes be difficult
- Google Sheets has a limited number of rows, so you'll get capped out if you need to export too many lines of data.
- You'll need to run your own queries on top Google Sheets.
- Boasts having 40+ integrations, but most of them lack access to granular data.
Supermetrics is the cheapest solution, starting at $19 per month, but their product offering is rather rudimentary. Add-ons can also add up.
Supermetrics claims to offer more than 40 integrations, but a list of integrations isn’t provided on their website.
If you're searching for an analytics platform to help you gather all your marketing data into a single destination, you will probably want to review this list in more detail, comparing Whatagraph, Improvado, Funnel.io, Datorama, and Supermetrics. There is a lot to consider from user friendliness and features to customer support and integrations.