Marklogic Alternative and Competitors
If you’re investigating into Marklogic and its alternatives, you likely spend up to 40 or 50 hours every week aggregating all of your data from various platforms and places Manually gathering all of this data across so many sites can be quite a daunting task.
Fortunately, there are now a variety of tools out there designed to automate this data aggregation process. Companies like Marklogic are making things easier, enabling you to integrate all of their data into a single place, often only in minutes.
Marklogic may have some limitations compared to its alternatives and competitors, so read on for a detailed comparison between Marklogic, Improvado, Supermetrics, Datorama, Funnel.io, and Domo.
What is Improvado?
Improvado is a tool built by marketers, for marketers to get all their data into one place, in real-time, with automated dashboards and reports.
Who should use Improvado?
The Improvado platform is specifically focused on the marketing dilemma and will connect to any marketing platform you need. The integrations run deep, pulling in granular data from the keyword and ad level, to allow you to see the complete picture.
This simple and intuitive platform eliminates the need for developers to help you implement it or make changes.
Improvado provides customer service reps included in every package who are highly attentive. A representative will work with you to customize dashboards and integrations to ensure that you're visualizing the data in exactly the way you need it.
You can choose to view your data inside the Improvado dashboard or you have the freedom to extract your data and download it, send it to a data warehouse, or visualize it in the BI tool of your choice, like Tableau or Looker.
- Full support with a customer service rep included
- Marketing integrations are deep and granular, so you can see data at the keyword or ad level
- Ability to create custom metrics and map data across platforms
- Great for brands managing spend across multiple digital marketing channels
- Great for ad agencies managing campaigns for multiple clients
- View ad creatives from within your dashboard -- This feature is super helpful and I have not seen it offered anywhere else!
- Aggregate all your marketing data into one place, in real time.
- Reduce manual reporting time by 90%.
- No developers needed.
- Plug and play
- Completely customizable and will build out any custom integration
- Some of the more granular features can be a bit complicated, but support is great about walking users through them.
- In order to get your dashboards and reports visualized in exactly the way you want, there may be some initial back and forth with your customer support rep.
Improvado is customized for its users. The best way to customize the platform to your specific needs and receive pricing details is to set up a call with them.
Improvado has 80+ Integrations with plans to grow to 500 by the end of 2018. Don’t see what you need? They will build out custom integrations for any data source you request.
Request a demo now
What is MarkLogic?
MarkLogic is a database tool for integrating data from silos. The platform uses a multi-model approach that provides flexibility with integrating and storing data and allows that data to be viewed as relational data, a graph, documents, and more.
Who should use MarkLogic?
MarkLogic is designed for NoSQL scale and speed. The tool’s Data Hub provides a fast 360-degree view of data on the secure, agile platform. Companies can avoid brittle and expensive ETL and better manage the entities and relationships that they work with.
- Search queries can be fired on XML and JSON, even on semi-structured data.
- Both horizontal and vertical scaling is supported
- Backup and recovery, excellent level of security
- Automatic indexing of elements
- Can be cost prohibitive for many businesses
- Space required to store data can sometimes seem excessive
- Steep learning curve due to basically learning a new language
- Doesn’t provide as many connectors as competitors
- Will not authorize multiple users at one time
MarkLogic offers an array of different subscriptions. Take a look at their site for more information about pricing.
No actual list of integrations is provided on MarkLogic’s website.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a simple data extraction software that helps marketers aggregate analytics, SEO, social, and PPC data from a number of sources into a single destination for reporting and analysis.
Who should use Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is good for startup companies that primarily uses AdWords, Facebook, and Google Analytics. Basically, all the software does is pull data from its limited list of platforms into Google Data Studio or Google Sheets. If you need more sophisticated visualizations or dashboards, or use any other channels, Supermetrics may not be that helpful to you.
- Able to extract granular data from Adwords, Google Analytics, and Facebook
- Cheapest option if you only need one of its plans
- No data visualization features
- Lacks integrations with many BI tools. Can only use Google Data Studio and Google Sheets
- No data transformation capabilities
- Known for having many issues with data accuracy
- Manual processes required throughout
- Initial setup can sometimes be difficult
- May get capped out with Google Sheets if you need to export too many lines of data.
- Have to run your own queries on top of Google Sheets.
- Boasts having over 40 integrations, but most are basic with no access to granular data.
Supermetrics is the cheapest of all the tools in this comparison, starting at just $19 per month. However, their product offering is fairly rudimentary and plans vary based on where you want to send your data. Also, add-ons can add up rather quickly.
Supermetrics claims to provide 40+ integrations, but list can be found on their site.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is a BI tool for data analytics with a goal of helping marketers aggregate all of their data into a single dashboard from many different sources.
Who should use Datorama?
Datorama is best for marketing teams with access to engineering resources or highly technical teams since knowledge of SQL is required to use the tool effectively.
While the platform is complex and technical, it does focus specifically on the marketing dilemma. Datorama even claims it offers every possible integration out there, including ones that don’t offer any API connection, which can seem a little questionable.
The BI tool can be a bit cost prohibitive for some businesses and customer support representatives are only available to users on the platform’s premium level.
- Claims to offer 400 marketing integrations, but there’s no list to be found on their site.
- Powerful data visualization features
- Not very intuitive and steep learning curve can be time consuming
- Difficulties with setting up new campaigns or making changes without implementation engineer assistance
- Naming conventions can seem confusing
- Comparing across channels is limited and difficult
- Customers are charged by lines of data, which can be cost prohibitive if you need data for multiple campaigns
- Data can only be viewed in the Datorama dashboard
- Manual process to get data into a workable state
- Up-charge for access to customer service representatives
Datorama charges users based on the number of lines of data. You can check their website for more pricing information.
The platform boasts that it offers 400 marketing integrations, but there’s no list available.
What is Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is a business intelligence tool designed for marketing analytics, integrating with all of your marketing and advertising data platforms.
Who should use Funnel.io?
The platform’s data mapping interface lets users map and group data, similar to Improvado. The collected data can be sent directly into a data warehouse, dashboard, Google Sheets, or Google Data Studio. However, sadly for Tableau enthusiasts, there is no direct integration.
Funnel.io is good for early-stage companies and small businesses owners since it can be used on a monthly basis and users are charged based on ad spend. This can be fine in the beginning, however, the cost to use the platform increases as the company grows, while integration depth remains limited. While the company claims it offers almost 400 connections, those integrations generally aren’t as granular as what marketers may need.
The main draw of the platform is that it’s self-serve and basic. This can also be seen as a drawback if you need help from a customer success manager, which isn’t included with Funnel.io’s basic price level.
- Ability to export data
- 395 data integrations
- Large amount of flexibility when it comes to data visualization widgets, including several options for graphs and charts
- No attribution reporting capabilities
- No user control over when channel APIs are updated
- Can be difficult to get granular data from integrations
- Learning curve creating data transformations
- No direct integration for Tableau
- Occasional difficulties with matching sources to dimensions
- No ability to create custom metrics.
- Difficult to add multiple accounts to a single report
Funnel.io offers monthly plans, starting at $299 per month. There is also an additional cost every month for each additional destination your data is connected to, which can add up quickly.
Funnel.io boasts having 395 data source connections.
What is Domo?
Domo is a company-wide business intelligence software specializing in executive-level dashboards and data visualization.
Who should use Domo?
Domo is best for enterprise companies since the business intelligence tool can be used throughout the entire company, and just the marketing team.
Domo isn’t specifically focused on marketing data, but rather general business data. This means that while it has vast capacity with company-wide business intelligence, its capabilities for marketing are rather limited compared to competitors.
The software perhaps isn’t the perfect choice for data aggregation and data visualization, and its integrations for marketing are limited, with connectors not running very deep.
- Able to view real-time data in a single dashboard
- Offers over 500 connectors across Sales, Marketing, HR, IT, Finance, and Operations
- Implementation doesn’t require assistance from the IT department
- Can be cost prohibitive for many businesses just wanting the software for marketing data
- Not focused on marketing, so marketing integrations are fairly limited
- Can only view your data in the Domo dashboard
- Entirely cloud-based, which can be limiting if most of your data is stored on-site
- Requires a lot of professional services to get the reports up and running initially
- Additional professional service fees associated with all of the onboarding and training
Pricing for Domo is by annual subscription, with price varying depending on the number of users that require access. A 30-day free trial is offered as well.
Domo Marketing Integrations
Domo provides more than 50 integrations for marketing
If you're looking for a business intelligence tool to help with your marketing data aggregation efforts, bes sure to review this comparison list in detail, comparing MarkLogic, Improvado, Supermetrics, Funnel.io, Datorama, and Domo. There is a lot to consider from easy of use and customization to integrations and customer support and more.