Top 17 Marketing Analytics Tools and Software for 2022
There are so many choices for marketing analytics tools and software that it can be difficult to know which ones accomplish which goals. The following article describes analytics tools for marketing that aggregate data from various platforms, into one place.
Marketing analytics tools are software solutions that help advertisers track and forecast campaign performance. Marketing analysts can track a multitude of metrics such as ROAS, ROMI, CPL, CPC, deal with attribution modeling, and aggregate marketing data from different channels.
By utilizing proper marketing analytics software, advertisers can use their time and resources more effectively, accomplish better results, and achieve a deeper vision into the impact of every marketing campaign.
What are the Types of Marketing Analytics?
To understand the importance of marketing analytics tools, we need to understand in which fields these instruments may help us. There are many different types of marketing analytics. Each of them deals with a certain scope of data and marketing channels. Usually, marketers work with five main types of analytics:
- Web analytics
- Social media marketing analytics
- Lead generation and attribution
- SEO analytics
- Email marketing analytics
Here are the types of marketing data used during the analysis process:
- Website visitor data
- Paid campaign performance data
- Customer touchpoint/event data
- Email marketing data
- Customer purchase data
It can take 20 - 40 hours per week just to log into each platform, export the data, and upload it into Excel, Google Sheets or a BI tool.
Fortunately, there are marketing analytics tools, such as Improvado, that offer solutions to this daunting task. Helping marketers save time and their sanity.
Many of these tools will allow you to view all of your marketing data in one place, an automated dashboard.
In this post, I will compare the top marketing analytics tools that are helping marketers aggregate all their data in one place.
They are all slightly different, so read carefully to find the tool that's the best fit for your business!
What is Improvado?
Improvado is an enterprise-grade revenue data platform that automates your marketing, sales, and revenue data collection and transformation and eases its further analysis. The platform supports the whole marketing data pipeline process:
- It pulls data from 300+ data sources, like Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, TikTok Ads, MailChimp, Twitter, or YouTube.
- Improvado applies automated advanced data transformations, including deduplication, data cleansing, data mapping, disparate naming convention unification, and more.
- Then, the platform pushes harmonized data to your BI, visualization or analytics tool, or to another destination for further analysis.
- Users can also utilize pre-built dashboards, marketing attribution modeling, and visualization features to start processing and analyzing their data on the spot.
Improvado is highly flexible, whether it comes to the frequency of data extractions, custom connectors, or customization of attribution modeling.
Who should use Improvado?
Improvado was built specifically to meet the needs of marketing, sales, and revenue teams. According to the G2 reviews, 68.9% of Improvado customers are marketing and advertising agencies. The platform has data source connectors to 300+ commonly used platforms and provides a high data granularity. It means clients can pull a large number of metrics and dimensions and view data on the campaign level, adset level, keyword level, and even view ad creatives across every channel, all in one dashboard.
Furthermore, Improvado is a no-code solution, which makes the platform suitable for teams with no technical experience. Improvado provides Professional Services in case a client needs a custom data connector or runs into a technical issue. Additionally, Improvado provides data warehouses with deployment and maintenance services.
The platform is also HIPAA and SOC-2 compliant, which means companies operating in privacy-conscious sectors like healthcare and wellness can benefit from integrating Improvado without compromising data security. Healthcare is, indeed, the second largest group of Improvado customers, according to the G2 software catalog.
- High-quality customer service
- Ability to map data across various platforms and create custom metrics
- High data granularity and deep marketing integrations
- Integrates with 300+ data sources, popular data warehouses, and BI, visualization, and analytics tools
- No need for developers and technical expertise
- Reduces manual reporting time by up to 90%
- Ideal for in-house marketers managing campaigns on multiple platforms or ad agencies managing campaigns for several clients
- Serves as a single source of truth
- Entirely customizable, with any custom integration available
- More granular features can be a tad complicated; however, customer support is great about walking users through any issues
- There may be a bit of back and forth initially with support in order to get your dashboards set up and your reports visualized exactly how you want
Improvado offers a custom pricing model tailored to the data needs and volume of each client. To request pricing, set up a call with a company representative.
Additionally, Improvado has a token called the DECS point, which a client can spend on new APIs, report type development, report type changes, flat file ingestion, or other development needs. How does one earn DECS points? Points make up 20% of your billing plan. Thus, a company paying $10,000 annually gets $2,000 worth of DECS points.
Improvado supports 300+ data sources, including advertising, analytics, marketing attribution, customer support, and other platforms. Explore the full list of integrations to see if this solution provides connectors to the data sources of your choice. Improvado also builds custom data connectors, just in case a client can’t find the required tool on its list of native connectors.
What is Whatagraph?
Whatagraph is a marketing reporting tool that you can use to create functional, beautiful reports from a large number of data sources.
Who is Whatagraph for?
There are two main groups of users for Whatagraph. The first one are marketing agencies dealing with lots of clients and accounts per client. Whatagraph allows them to connect those data sources and create the report. Once created, the report can be automated to be sent out with updated data at certain time intervals. This way, agencies can save hours per client every week on report creation.
The second group is in-house marketers looking for a quick way to accurately report on their marketing campaigns. Simply connect the marketing platforms you're using and you can grab a report template to fill out. Your report is done and you can present it to your CMO or manager.
- 100+ report and dashboard templates
- extensive customization options including white labeling
- 40+ data sources included in all plans
- the entry plan is on the pricier side at $199 per month
- you cannot opt for manual pricing - you have to buy an annual plan
The pricing starts at $199 per month, which gives you access to 25 data sources and 5 seats for the tool. You can try it out for free for 7 days.
Whatagraph marketing integrations:
There are 40 integrations available at the moment of writing. You can see the full list of integrations here.
What is Domo?
Domo is an analytics platform that specializes in business intelligence and data visualization.
Who should use Domo?
The Domo platform is best for C-level executives working at enterprise companies who are looking for a non-marketing specific BI tool to be used company-wide, one that can create executive level dashboards. Domo is not focused specifically on data from marketing efforts. It is used for more general business data. This means that when it comes to company-wide business intelligence and executive dashboards, the software’s capacity is fairly vast, however, it probably isn’t the best choice for the aggregation and visualization for marketing data. Since the marketing integrations are more limited, connectors don’t run quite as deep, leading to the platform being too costly for only the marketing department to use.
- Offers over 500 connectors across Marketing and Sales, Operations, IT, HR, and Finance
- Real-time data in a single dashboard
- IT doesn’t need to be involved with implementation
- Not specifically focused on marketing, resulting in limited marketing integrations
- You can only view data in the Domo dashboard. There is no way to export it, save it, or look at it on another BI tool.
- Entirely based in the cloud, which can cause difficulties if the majority of your data is on-site.
- There hasn’t been any significant refreshed of the tool in several years, or really any product innovation.
- The platform is rather secretive when it comes to pricing, and be cost prohibitive for many companies.
Pricing for Domo is based on a yearly subscription, and the cost varies depending on the number of people that need access to the tool. A 30-day free trial is offered.
Domo Marketing Integrations
- Domo boasts 52+ integrations
- View a complete list of marketing integrations here.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is a platform specializing in business intelligence and analytics with a aim to help marketers unify all of their data across multiple platforms into a single destination, offering a look at the complete picture.
Who should use Datorama?
Datorama is good for highly technical marketing teams or those with engineering resources. In order to use the tool effectively, you will need to be familiar with SQL. This analytics platform for marketing does specifically focus on the marketing dilemma, claiming to feature every possible integration (including ones that don’t actually offer API connections…).
The biggest challenge that I can tell with the Datorama platform is that the tool is complex and very technical. Teams will often need to utilize an implementation engineer familiar the coding used by company just to get the software properly set up or to make any needed changes. Once the software is set up correctly, the platform is fairly powerful. The tool may be too costly of some businesses, especially since you would need to pay for a premium level if you want to have access to a customer service representative.
- Claims to offer 400 marketing integrations (even though you can’t find a list of them anywhere on their website)
- Features powerful visualization capabilities
- The tool isn’t very intuitive, causing a steep learning curve.
- You can only look at the data in the platform’s dashboard. You can’t export it, save the data as a file, or view your data on a different BI tool.
- Can be challenging to set up campaigns or make any changes without the help of an implementation engineer.
- The company charges customers based on the number of lines of data. This can be extremely cost prohibitive for marketers running several campaigns.
- Customer service reps are offered at an up-charge.
- The tool has confusing naming conventions, with some metrics being named differently from they appear in source.
Pricing for Datorama is based upon lines of data. If users are running numerous campaigns, this can get fairly expensive.
- Claims to feature 400 marketing integrations, however there isn’t a list anywhere on the company’s website.
What is Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is a marketing analytics platform that strives to integrate with all of the advertising and marketing platforms marketers use.
Who should use Funnel.io?
The platform allows you to map and group data, similar to Improvado, and data can be sent directly to a data warehouse, a dashboard solution, Google Data Studio, and Google Sheets. Funnel.io, however, doesn’t have a direct integration with Tableau.
The main benefit of marketing analytics platform is that is quite simple and fairly self-serve. Since the cost is tied to ad spend, as your business ad spend grows, the platform may become more costly.
- Features more than 400 integrations with a focus on adtech
- You can export your data
- Large amount flexibility in visualization widgets
- There is no Tableau direct integration. Users need to upload their to a warehouse first.
Pricing is based on ad spend. While the platform boasts unlimited users and data sources, there is an additional fee each month for every additional destination you want to connect your data to.
● Funnel.io claims to offer 400 data sources.
● You can see the entire list of integrations on their website.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a platform to help marketers with simple data extraction. The tool pulls PPC, SEO, analytics, and social data into a single destination for reporting and analysis.
Who should use Supermetrics?
The Supermetrics tool basically just pulls your data from a rather limited platform list into Google Data Studio or Google Sheets. The platform is good for scrappy startups who mostly use Google Analytics, Adwords, and Facebook, and simply need help with getting their data into Google Sheets. If you need visualization or more complex dashboards, or need to use any other channels, Supermetrics may not be the most helpful tool.
- Good for extracting granular data from Google Analytics, Google Ads, and Facebook.
- No visualization is offered.
- No transformation. There is no ability to map data from across multiple platforms using the tool.
- Initial setup can be rather difficult.
- Issues with data accuracy
- Extremely limited integrations with BI tools. Data can only be sent to Google Data Studio or Google Sheets.
- Google Sheets consists of a limited number of rows, so you may cap out of exporting too many rows of data.
- You will need to run your own queries.
- Claims to offer over 40 integrations, but they are very basic without really any access to more granular data.
Supermetrics is by far one of the cheapest digital marketing analytics tools, starting at only $19/month, however, the product offering is quite rudimentary. Different plans are available depending on where you want to send your data, and costs can add up quickly if you need any of the platform’s add-ons.
The platform claims to have more than 40 integrations, but a list isn’t provided on their website.
What is Ninjacat?
Ninjacat boasts that it’s an all-in-one reporting solution for marketers and agencies, specializing in SEO reporting, PPC reporting, and budget monitoring.
Who should use Ninjacat?
This marketing reporting tool is an all-in-one tool for reporting, monitoring, and call tracking. The platform integrates with commonly used PPC, SEO, display, social media, and call tracking channels, allowing users to automate their reporting and monitor their budgets and campaigns. Ninjacat claims to offer more than 750 data sources. The tool can be good for marketers who needs a single solution for reporting PPC, SEO, and other campaign efforts, but its cost can make it difficult for smaller businesses to be able to afford the tool.
- Offers information in a single, easy to read report
- Claims to be an all-in-one reporting solution
- Ability to customize and isolate metrics
- Onboarding is often tedious and time consuming
- The platform isn’t very intuitive
- There are extra fees and tracking costs can be tedious.
- Can be more cost prohibitive for small businesses
- Changes aren’t always captured right away
Pricing for Ninjacat is on a subscription basis. The company offers an option for a demo and a free trial.
- Ninjacat claims to have more than 750 data sources and universal API.
- You can see some of their integrations here.
What is Fivetran?
Fivetran is a data collection and marketing analytics tool. The platform lets you connect your applications, databases, and more to a centralized hub where you can view and analyze the data. Here you can find an up-to-date research on Fivetran alternatives and competitors
Who should use Fivetran?
Fivetran is a useful tool for data collection and analysis if you want a platform that doesn’t require really any technical knowledge. The company boasts that it offers the only zero-maintenance pipeline, resulting in a setup that only take around five minutes. Once data is stored in the tool’s “warehouse,” users can ask questions and make inquiries using the software. All data is stored in a centralized location, and the platform aims to make it easy for users to access and search for data that’s stored.
- Data source connectors offer a decent amount of granularity.
- Allows you to search for stored data
- You can make inquiries about your data and receive analysis back.
- It can be difficult to figure out the cause of an issue without contacting support.
- You can’t configure the batch size for queries.
- Some lack of flexibility
- Occasional delays and bugs
You have to contact Fivetran for details of pricing. The company does offer a free demo of its platforms to potential customers.
- The platform offers a wide range of connectors.
- You can view all of the Fivetran connectors here.
What is Alooma?
Alooma offers a data pipeline as a service. It simplifies real-time, SaaS, Cloud, big data, and mobile integration.
Who should use Alooma?
Alooma allows data teams to have control and visibility. The platform brings data in real-time from various sources together into a data warehouse, such as Redshift, Snowflake, and BigQuery. Users can avoid data loss or duplicates, as well as control the entire ETL process. The tool features real-time visualizations, code engine, data mapper, querying of data.
- Data is aggregated in real-time.
- Alooma’s integrations are rather limited.
Alooma offers a free trial of its tool. For the actual cost of the platform, you have to contact the company.
- Alooma offers a more limited number of integrations compared to other platforms.
- See all of the Alooma integrations here.
What is Tapclicks?
Tapclicks is a marketing analytics tool that offers marketers and agencies an all-in-one, cloud-based platform for management, reporting, and analytics.
Who should use Tapclicks?
Tapclicks lets you export and schedule automatic reports into Excel, PDF, Email, PowerPoint, and Word. The platform offers pre-built visualizations and a library of widgets you can setup to help answer business questions. The tool is useful if you have many reports you need to automate for clients.
- Numerous data sources
- Variety of visualization options
- There are a lot of features that aren't very intuitive to use.
- There are some features in reporting that can be a little buggy.
- Some of the field customizations are a bit limited.
Tapclicks certainly isn’t the cheapest option, starting at $499 per month for its Basic plan. You can try a demo version of the platform or take advantage of a 14-day free trial first before diving in this marketing analytics software.
Tapclicks claims to have over 1,400 channel integrations.
What is Adverity?
Adverity is an automated data integration and visualization platform that was created with data-driven decision makers in mind. Their Data Tap tool allows users to drastically increase their efficiency when it comes to reporting and analytics.
Who should use Adverity?
Adverity was designed for advertisers and agencies, providing a marketing analytics platform that enables them to connect and work with their their media, e-commerce, and marketing platforms without having to log in to each individual account. Insights provides advertisers with a variety of analytics and efficient reporting.
- Full control over your data
- Fast integration of data sources
- Scalable and flexible
- For those who aren’t experienced with using data, there can be a steep learning curve
- Could use some improvements the UX-flow
- Need a good understanding of data to get the most out of the platform
- Management of UI dashboards could be a bit more customizable
Adverity doesn’t feature any pricing information on their website. To get pricing details and to request a demo, you will have to contact the company.
The Adverity platform boasts more than 150 integrations. You can view all of them here.
12. Alight Analytics
What is Alight Analytics?
Alight Analytics offers a marketing analytics tool known as ChannelMix, which gathers and prepares data from various sources for analysis.
Who should use Alight Analytics?
The ChannelMix platform provided by Alight Analytics boasts that it eliminates the marketing dilemma of time consuming data gathering of both online and offline data, as well as sales data and custom data sources. It feeds aggregated data into your BI tool of choice.
- Neatly sorts data
- Options can be overwhelming
- Difficult to find reviews from existing customers
Alight Analytics Pricing
Alight Analytics is fairly secretive about its pricing.
What is SEMRush?
SEMRush is a marketing analytics software that helps marketers increase their online visibility, find new marketing opportunities, and conduct competitors research.
Who should use SEMRush?
SEMRush is a great tool for marketing analysts that deal with content marketing, social media marketing, paid media, and other marketing strategies and channels.
With SEMRush marketers can analyze competitors’ performance and find the best opportunities before their rivals. Besides, it’s a useful tool for link building due to its instruments for backlink analysis and guest blogging research tool.
- Clear and straightforward interface
- The writing assistant helps to assess and improve the quality of a content piece
- The backlink audit is a powerful tool for finding broken links
- SEMRush provides detailed information about the competitors’ marketing performance
- The keyword research tools shows precise search volume and suggest useful keywords ideas
- Paid search reporting is sometimes inaccurate
- The content topic recommendation tool may propose unrelated keywords and FAQs
- The tool for social media posting sometimes fails to connect with social media accounts
The most affordable SEMRush pricing plan starts at $119/month. This plan is most relevant to small businesses and beginners in marketing. The enterprise plan costs $449/month and includes all the features that might be useful for brands and large agencies that deal with multiple clients.
You can find the full list of SEMRush features on their website
What is Chartio?
Chartio is a cloud-based business intelligence platform that helps manage day-to-day business operations, as well as track marketing efforts.
Who should use Chartio?
The software provides business owners, product teams, data analysts, and marketers with helpful organizational tools. Chartio offers a central dashboard and functions for data exploration with the ability to present data from multiple sources in a variety of charts. The main fault with Chartio, however, is that is some users may be faced with a steep learning curve, particularly if they are new to business intelligence or don’t have any knowledge of SQL.
- Can handle complex queries
- Ability to write SQL
- Displays data in colorful, simple charts
- The user interface can be difficult to learn.
- It’s known for being expensive.
- Some charts may require knowledge of SQL
- Types of charts are limited
Chartio does custom pricing. You can contact the company for a quote.
What is SocialBakers?
SocialBakers is an AI-powered social media marketing platform.
Who should use SocialBakers?
SocialBakers is ideal for marketers and agencies managing multiple social media accounts.
This marketing analytics platform is designed to be user-friendly and save time, allowing you to easily manage and monitor various social media accounts using a single tool. Users can manage and track all of the major social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and LinkedIn.
- Intuitive platform
- Dashboards are easily configurable
- Manage numerous social media accounts in one platform
- You need to spend more money if you need more insightful data
- Doesn’t provide data in real-time
- Limit for time range
- Everything has extra cost.
The base plan (Professional Plan) for SocialBakers starts at $20 per social profile.
What is Grow?
Grow is a business intelligence platform that lets you aggregate data from numerous sources in real-time for analysis.
Who should use Grow?
Grow allows businesses to easily access and analyze their data in real-time from numerous sources, including SaaS applications, databases, and spreadsheets. Users can also create customized dashboards and reports supposedly without the need of a developer. The platform features pre-built reports that can be implemented with a single click.
- Real-time data
- Claims to have 150+ integrations
- Data isn’t very granular
- Not meant specifically for marketers
- Often runs slow and experiences glitches
- Can be a bit of a learning curve if you don’t know SQL
- Some issues with graphs not appearing correctly
Grow does custom pricing for its platform. You can contact the company for a quote.
- Grow boasts 150+ integrations.
- View a complete list of integrations here.
What is Rebrandly?
Rebrandly is a custom URL shortening tool for marketers to brand and track every link that is created and shared online.
Who should use Rebrandly?
Rebrandly is a must-have tool for anyone working in marketing or social media. By using branded links you enhance brand visibility and increase trust by putting your brand name on every link that is shared. This tool also provides a detailed analytics feature, meaning you are able to track your links and see what kind of content your audience prefers on any channel.
- It is very easy to use and create new, rebranded links for any URL. It’s one tool with many features - like QR codes, Link retargeting, Link Analytics, UTM builder to name a few.
- The option to create custom-branded URL links along with the power of remarketing in one tool.
- The number of integrations and apps makes Rebrandly really stand out.
- Powerful API.
- Not enough use cases to give marketers more ideas on creative and effective ways to use the service.
- No retargeting feature on the free plan.
- The mobile app should be improved.
Rebrandly offers a free plan, paid plans and custom plans for enterprise businesses.
If you are looking for a marketing analytics tool to help with the aggregation of your data into a single destination, you will probably want to check over this list of platforms in detail.
Want to try improvado.io? Click here to Request a Demo.
Other reads you might be interested in:
Learn about Best Dashboard Software
What are marketing analytics tools?
Marketing analytics tools are software solutions that help marketing specialists get a full overview of their marketing performance. With analytics tools they can track the results across all campaigns, monitor the number of leads generated by each channel, calculate metrics, and more.
What are the types of marketing analytics tools?
The types of marketing analytics software depend on the metrics marketers want to follow. The most popular types are:
- Web analytics tools
- Social media marketing analytics tools
- SEO analytics tools
- Lead attribution tools
- Email marketing analytics tools
What software do marketing analysts use?
Depending on the business objectives marketers use different marketing analysis tools. However, the main toolset usually remains the same. Here are the most common tools for marketing analytics:
- ETL System (Improvado, Fivetran, Adverity, etc.)
- Data Warehouse (Google BigQuery, Amazon S3, ClickHouse, etc.)
- Business intelligence tools (Tableau, looker, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Marketing data sources (Google Ads, Apple Search Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.)
Which are the best marketing analytics platforms used by professionals?
Today, the market is full of marketing analytics solutions. Here are some of the most renowned tools admired by analysts:
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Analytics
- Search Ads 360
Read our article to get the full list of best marketing analytics tools.