There are so many choices for marketing analytics tools.
It’s annoying because it doesn’t seem like it should be so complicated. We’re going to simplify it.
Marketing Analytics Software - What does it do?
There are many different types of marketing analytics tools that will capture and track data about your marketing campaigns.
The types of marketing data you can capture includes:
- Website visitor data
- Paid campaign performance data
- Customer touchpoint / event data
- Email marketing data
- Customer purchase data
How to capture all your marketing data in one place
As a marketer or agency, aggregating all of your data from numerous platforms, such as Adwords, Facebook and Linkedin, can be overwhelming and time consuming.
It can take 20 - 40 hours per week just to log into each platform, export the data, and upload it into Excel, Google Sheets or a BI tool.
Fortunately, there are marketing analytics tools, such as improvado.io, that offer solutions to this daunting task. Helping marketers save time and their sanity.
Many of these tools will allow you to view all of your marketing data in one place, an automated dashboard.
In this post, I will compare the top marketing analytics tools that are helping marketers aggregate all their data in one place.
They are all slightly different, so read carefully to find the tool that's the best fit for your business!
What is improvado.io?
Improvado.io is a marketing analytics tool made for marketers by marketers. The tool allows marketers to gather all of their data into a single destination, with automated reports and dashboards, in real-time.
Who should use improvado.io?
Since improvado.io was designed to focus specifically on the dilemmas of marketing, it can connect to virtually any platform marketers will ever use. In addition to working with any marketing platform, its integrations run quite deep, including data from both the ad and keyword level, allowing marketers to see the whole picture. No developers are need to assist you in implementation or to make changes, as the platform is very intuitive and simple.
Perhaps the most significant benefit of improvado.io that I can tell is that customer service representatives are highly attentive and included in every one of the platform’s packages. These customer service reps can assist you with integrations and building out custom dashboards to make sure your data is visualized exactly how you want it. Along with viewing your data within the improvado.io dashboard, you can also send the data to a warehouse, extract the data and download it, or visualize it using any BI tool you wish, such as Looker or Tableau.
- Customer service representatives included with full support
- Ability to map data across various platforms and create custom metrics
- Granular and deep marketing integrations lets you view data at keyword and ad level
- Plug and play
- No need for developers
- Reduces manual reporting time by up to 90%
- Great for in-house marketers managing campaigns on multiple platforms or ad agencies managing campaigns for several clients.
- Get all your data in real-time, in one place
- Entirely customizable with any custom integration available
- More granular features can be a tad complicated, however, customer support is great about walking users through any issues.
- There may be a bit of back and forth initially with support in order to get your dashboards set up and your reports visualized exactly how you want.
Improvado.io does custom pricing for its platform. If you set up a call with them, they will assess your needs and share pricing details.
- 80+ Integrations with plans to grow to 500 integrations by the end of 2018.
- Custom integrations can be built out for any data source you may need.
What is Domo?
Domo is an analytics platform that specializes in business intelligence and data visualization.
Who should use Domo?
The Domo platform is best for C-level executives working at enterprise companies who are looking for a non-marketing specific BI tool to be used company-wide, one that can create executive level dashboards. Domo is not focused specifically on data from marketing efforts. It is used for more general business data. This means that when it comes to company-wide business intelligence and executive dashboards, the software’s capacity is fairly vast, however, it probably isn’t the best choice for the aggregation and visualization for marketing data. Since the marketing integrations are more limited, connectors don’t run quite as deep, leading to the platform being too costly for only the marketing department to use.
- Offers over 500 connectors across Marketing and Sales, Operations, IT, HR, and Finance
- Real-time data in a single dashboard
- IT doesn’t need to be involved with implementation
- Not specifically focused on marketing, resulting in limited marketing integrations
- You can only view data in the Domo dashboard. There is no way to export it, save it, or look at it on another BI tool.
- Entirely based in the cloud, which can cause difficulties if the majority of your data is on-site.
- There hasn’t been any significant refreshed of the tool in several years, or really any product innovation.
- The platform is rather secretive when it comes to pricing, and be cost prohibitive for many companies.
Pricing for Domo is based on a yearly subscription, and the cost varies depending on the number of people that need access to the tool. A 30-day free trial is offered.
Domo Marketing Integrations:
- Domo boasts 52+ integrations
- View a complete list of marketing integrations here.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is a platform specializing in business intelligence and analytics with a aim to help marketers unify all of their data across multiple platforms into a single destination, offering a look at the complete picture.
Who should use Datorama?
Datorama is good for highly technical marketing teams or those with engineering resources. In order to use the tool effectively, you will need to be familiar with SQL. The platform does specifically focus on the marketing dilemma, claiming to feature every possible integration (including ones that don’t actually offer API connections…).
The biggest challenge that I can tell with the Datorama platform is that the tool is complex and very technical. Teams will often need to utilize an implementation engineer familiar the coding used by company just to get the software properly set up or to make any needed changes. Once the software is set up correctly, the platform is fairly powerful. The tool may be too costly of some businesses, especially since you would need to pay for a premium level if you want to have access to a customer service representative.
- Claims to offer 400 marketing integrations (even though you can’t find a list of them anywhere on their website)
- Features powerful visualization capabilities
- The tool isn’t very intuitive, causing a steep learning curve.
- You can only look at the data in the platform’s dashboard. You can’t export it, save the data as a file, or view your data on a different BI tool.
- Can be challenging to set up campaigns or make any changes without the help of an implementation engineer.
- The company charges customers based on the number of lines of data. This can be extremely cost prohibitive for marketers running several campaigns.
- Customer service reps are offered at an up-charge.
- The tool has confusing naming conventions, with some metrics being named differently from they appear in source.
Pricing for Datorama is based upon lines of data. If users are running numerous campaigns, this can get fairly expensive.
- Claims to feature 400 marketing integrations, however there isn’t a list anywhere on the company’s website.
What is Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is a marketing analytics tools that strives to integrate with all of the advertising and marketing platforms marketers use.
Who should use Funnel.io?
The platform allows you to map and group data, similar to Improvado.io, and data can be sent directly to a data warehouse, a dashboard solution, Google Data Studio, and Google Sheets. Funnel.io, however, doesn’t have a direct integration with Tableau. While the tool boasts more than 365 data source connections, these integrations aren’t as granular as marketers may require. It can be challenging, for example, go get data from Facebook on the ad level. This data is crucial to many marketers, causing them to come to improvado.io for help once they find out this flaw with Funnel.io.
The main benefit of the platform is that is quite simple and fairly self-serve. This can be a drawback, however, if you need any support from a customer success manager, as one isn’t included at the basic level of pricing. Funnel.io is best probably for early-stage companies and small business owners, as the analytics tool can be used on a month-to-month basis and users are charged based on ad spend. As your business grows, the platform may become more costly and you may find the lack of depth in integration to be too limited.
- Features more than 365 integrations
- You can export your data
- Large amount flexibility in visualization widgets
- Getting granular data is rather difficult. You won’t be able to get data on Facebook at the ad set level, or data about Sessions and Users from Google Analytics.
- There is no Tableau direct integration. Users need to upload their to a warehouse first.
- Funnel.io has more limitations than other tools, such as not being able to create custom metrics.
- Pricing can be fairly steep, even on a month-to-month basis.
The pricing of Funnel.io is on a monthly basis, starting at $299 per month for the Standard plan. While the platform boasts unlimited users and data sources, there is an additional fee each month for every additional destination you want to connect your data to.
● Funnel.io claims to offer 365 data sources.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a platform to help marketers with simple data extraction. The tool pulls PPC, SEO, analytics, and social data into a single destination for reporting and analysis.
Who should use Supermetrics?
The Supermetrics tool basically just pulls your data from a rather limited platform list into Google Data Studio or Google Sheets. The platform is good for scrappy startups who mostly use Google Analytics, Adwords, and Facebook, and simply need help with getting their data into Google Sheets. If you need visualization or more complex dashboards, or need to use any other channels, Supermetrics may not be the most helpful tool.
- Good for extracting granular data from Google Analytics, Adwords, and Facebook.
- No visualization is offered.
- No transformation. There is no ability to map data from across multiple platforms using the tool.
- Initial setup can be rather difficult.
- Issues with data accuracy
- Extremely limited integrations with BI tools. Data can only be sent to Google Data Studio or Google Sheets.
- Google Sheets consists of a limited number of rows, so you may cap out of exporting too many rows of data.
- You will need to run your own queries.
- Claims to offer over 40 integrations, but they are very basic without really any access to more granular data.
Supermetrics is by far one of the cheaper marketing analytics tools, starting at only $19/month, however, the product offering is quite rudimentary. Different plans are available depending on where you want to send your data, and costs can add up quickly if you need any of the platform’s add-ons.
The platform claims to have more than 40 integrations, but a list isn’t provided on their website.
Comparing the Top 5 Marketing Analytics Tools
What is Ninjacat?
Ninjacat boasts that it’s an all-in-one reporting solution for digital marketers and agencies, specializing in SEO reporting, PPC reporting, and budget monitoring.
Who should use Ninjacat?
The reporting platform is an all-in-one tool for reporting, monitoring, and call tracking. The platform integrates with commonly used PPC, SEO, display, social media, and call tracking channels, allowing users to automate their reporting and monitor their budgets and campaigns. Ninjacat claims to offer more than 750 data sources. The tool can be good for marketers who needs a single solution for reporting PPC, SEO, and other campaign efforts, but its cost can make it difficult for smaller businesses to be able to afford the tool.
- Offers information in a single, easy to read report
- Claims to be an all-in-one reporting solution
- Ability to customize and isolate metrics
- Onboarding is often tedious and time consuming
- The platform isn’t very intuitive
- There are extra fees and tracking costs can be tedious.
- Can be more cost prohibitive for small businesses
- Changes aren’t always captured right away
Pricing for Ninjacat is on a subscription basis. The company offers an option for a demo and a free trial.
- Ninjacat claims to have more than 750 data sources and universal API.
- You can see some of their integrations here.
What is Fivetran?
Fivetran is a data collection and analytics tool. The platform lets you connect your applications, databases, and more to a centralized hub where you can view and analyze the data.
Who should use Fivetran?
Fivetran is a useful tool for data collection and analysis if you want a platform that doesn’t require really any technical knowledge. The company boasts that it offers the only zero-maintenance pipeline, resulting in a setup that only take around five minutes. Once data is stored in the tool’s “warehouse,” users can ask questions and make inquiries using the software. All data is stored in a centralized location, and the platform aims to make it easy for users to access and search for data that’s stored.
- Data source connectors offer a decent amount of granularity.
- Allows you to search for stored data
- You can make inquiries about your data and receive analysis back.
- It can be difficult to figure out the cause of an issue without contacting support.
- You can’t configure the batch size for queries.
- Some lack of flexibility
- Occasional delays and bugs
You have to contact Fivetran for details of pricing. The company does offer a free demo of its platforms to potential customers.
- The platform offers a wide range of connectors.
- You can view all of the Fivetran connectors here.
What is Alooma?
Alooma offers a data pipeline as a service. It simplifies real-time, SaaS, Cloud, big data, and mobile integration.
Who should use Alooma?
Alooma allows data teams to have control and visibility. The platform brings data in real-time from various sources together into a data warehouse, such as Redshift, Snowflake, and BigQuery. Users can avoid data loss or duplicates, as well as control the entire ETL process. The tool features real-time visualizations, code engine, data mapper, querying of data.
- Data is aggregated in real-time.
- Alooma’s integrations are rather limited.
Alooma offers a free trial of its tool. For the actual cost of the platform, you have to contact the company.
- Alooma offers a more limited number of integrations compared to other platforms.
- See all of the Alooma integrations here.
What is Tapclicks?
Tapclicks is a marketing analytics tool that offers marketers and agencies an all-in-one, cloud-based platform for management, reporting, and analytics.
Who should use Tapclicks?
Tapclicks lets you export and schedule automatic reports into Excel, PDF, Email, PowerPoint, and Word. The platform offers pre-built visualizations and a library of widgets you can setup to help answer business questions. The tool is useful if you have many reports you need to automate for clients.
- Numerous data sources
- Variety of visualization options
- There are a lot of features that aren't very intuitive to use.
- There are some features in reporting that can be a little buggy.
- Some of the field customizations are a bit limited.
Tapclicks certainly isn’t the cheapest option, starting at $499 per month for its Basic plan. You can try a demo version of the platform or take advantage of a 14-day free trial first before diving in.
Tapclicks claims to have over 1,400 channel integrations.
What is Alight Analytics?
Alight Analytics offers a marketing analytics tool known as ChannelMix, which gathers and prepares data from various sources for analysis.
Who should use Alight Analytics?
The ChannelMix platform provided by Alight Analytics boasts that it eliminates the marketing dilemma of time consuming data gathering of both online and offline data, as well as sales data and custom data sources. It feeds aggregated data into your BI tool of choice.
- Neatly sorts data
- Options can be overwhelming
- Difficult to find reviews from existing customers
Alight Analytics Pricing
Alight Analytics is fairly secretive about its pricing.
What is AdStage?
AdStage is a closed-loop automation and reporting tool for marketers to measure performance.
Who should use AdStage?
AdStage gathers all of your advertising data into a single platform, letting you quickly visualize, report, analyze, and optimize your ad performance. It’s a self-serve platform for paid ad marketers that provides full management and analytics for campaigns across multiple sources, including AdWords, Facebook, and Twitter Ads.
- Helpful customer service reps
- Clean and simple dashboard to manage, create and analyze campaigns
- Can group similar campaigns into folders
- Doesn’t have as many bells and whistles as some other platforms.
- Can be a bit non-intuitive in some places
- May have to reconnect platforms every once in a while, which can get annoying
- Can’t create custom classifications
- Manage section isn’t quite user-friendly
Pricing starts at $499 per month for AdStage’s Core Plan. The company also offers a 14-day free trial.
You can find the list of AdStage integrations here.
What is Chartio?
Chartio is a cloud-based business intelligence platform that helps manage day-to-day business operations, as well as track marketing efforts.
Who should use Chartio?
The software provides business owners, product teams, data analysts, and marketers with helpful organizational tools. Chartio offers a central dashboard and functions for data exploration with the ability to present data from multiple sources in a variety of charts. The main fault with Chartio, however, is that is some users may be faced with a steep learning curve, particularly if they are new to business intelligence or don’t have any knowledge of SQL.
- Can handle complex queries
- Ability to write SQL
- Displays data in colorful, simple charts
- The user interface can be difficult to learn.
- It’s known for being expensive.
- Some charts may require knowledge of SQL
- Types of charts are limited
Chartio does custom pricing. You can contact the company for a quote.
What is SocialBakers?
SocialBakers is an AI-powered social media marketing platform.
Who should use SocialBakers?
SocialBakers is ideal for marketers and agencies managing multiple social media accounts. The platforms is designed to be user-friendly and save time, allowing you to easily manage and monitor various social media accounts using a single tool. Users can manage and track all of the major social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and LinkedIn.
- Intuitive platform
- Dashboards are easily configurable
- Manage numerous social media accounts in one platform
- You need to spend more money if you need more insightful data
- Doesn’t provide data in real-time
- Limit for time range
- Everything has extra cost.
The base plan (Professional Plan) for SocialBakers starts at $20 per social profile.
What is Grow?
Grow is a business intelligence platform that lets you aggregate data from numerous sources in real-time for analysis.
Who should use Grow?
Grow allows businesses to easily access and analyze their data in real-time from numerous sources, including SaaS applications, databases, and spreadsheets. Users can also create customized dashboards and reports supposedly without the need of a developer. The platform features pre-built reports that can be implemented with a single click.
- Real-time data
- Claims to have 150+ integrations
- Data isn’t very granular
- Not meant specifically for marketers
- Often runs slow and experiences glitches
- Can be a bit of a learning curve if you don’t know SQL
- Some issues with graphs not appearing correctly
Grow does custom pricing for its platform. You can contact the company for a quote.
- Grow boasts 150+ integrations.
- View a complete list of integrations here.
If you are looking for a marketing analytics tool to help with the aggregation of your data into a single destination, you will probably want to check over this list of platforms in detail.
Our recommendation: Improvado.io
Want to try improvado.io? Click here to Request a Demo