Domo vs Datorama vs Improvado vs Funnel.io vs Supermetrics
If you're a marketer or agency running campaigns across platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, and Adwords for example-- aggregating all that data is kind of a nightmare.
It takes 20-30 hours a week just to log into each platform, export data, and upload it into excel or a BI tool like Tableau.
Companies like improvado.io are working to solve this problem by automating data aggregation and reporting for marketers.
That way, marketers can view all their data in one place, in real time. Spending their time strategically making faster business decisions, rather than doing tedious spreadsheet work.
In this post, I will compare the differences between the leading platforms, Domo vs Datorama vs Improvado vs Funnel.io vs Supermetrics. I will rate them from 1-5 stars based on the best tool for marketing data aggregation.
Read carefully because they are all different!
What is improvado.io?
Improvado.io is a tool built by marketers, for marketers to get all their data into one place, in real-time, with automated dashboards and reports.
Who should use improvado.io?
Since the platform is specifically focused on the marketing dilemma, it will connect to absolutely any marketing platform you need. Plus, the integrations run deep, pulling in granular data from the keyword and ad level, so that you can see the complete picture.
The platform is extremely simple and intuitive, so you won't need any developers to help you implement it or make changes.
The biggest benefit I see for improvado.io is that their customer service reps are included in every package and are highly attentive. They'll help you build out custom dashboards and integrations to ensure that you're visualizing your data in exactly the way you need it.
You can choose to view your data inside the improvado.io dashboard or you have the freedom to extract your data and download it, send it to a data warehouse, or visualize it in the BI tool of your choice, like Tableau or Looker.
- Full support with a customer service rep included
- Marketing integrations are deep and granular, so you can see data at the keyword or ad level
- Ability to create custom metrics and map data across platforms
- Great for ad agencies managing campaigns for multiple clients or in-house marketers who manage campaigns across multiple platforms
- Aggregate all your marketing data into one place, in real time.
- Reduce manual reporting time by 90%.
- No developers needed.
- Plug and play
- Completely customizable and will build out any custom integration
- Some of the more granular features can be a bit complicated, but support is great about walking users through them.
- In order to get your dashboards and reports visualized in exactly the way you want, there may be some initial back and forth with your customer support rep.
Improvado.io does custom pricing for its platform. If you set up a call with them, they will assess your needs and share pricing details.
80+ Integrations with plans to grow to 500 integrations by the end of 2018. They will build out custom integrations for any data source you need.
Request a demo now and get 1 month free.
What is Domo?
Domo is software that specializes in data visualization and business intelligence.
Who should use Domo?
Domo is best for C-level executives at enterprise companies looking for a company-wide (non-marketing specific) BI tool to create executive level dashboards.
The important thing to note is that it is not specifically focused on marketing data, just business data in general. That means, it's capacity is vast when it comes to business intelligence and executive dashboards company-wide, but may not be the best pick for aggregating and visualizing marketing data specifically, because marketing integrations are limited, the connectors don't run as deeply and the tool overall may be too expensive for just the marketing team's use.
- Offers more than 500 connectors across Finance, HR, IT, Operations, Sales and Marketing.
- Ability to view real-time data in one dashboard
- Don't need to get IT department involved in implementation
- Not focused specifically on marketing, so marketing integrations are limiting
- Domo is completely cloud-based which may be a drawback if you have most of your data on-site.
- You have to view your data on the Domo dashboard, you can't export it, save it as a file, or view it on the BI tool of your choice.
- Domo is fairly secretive about their pricing and is cost prohibitive for many businesses.
- Lack of improvement. There hasn’t been a major refresh of the platform in years, or much product innovation to speak of.
Domo Marketing Integrations:
Pricing is offered on an annual subscription basis, and depends upon the number of users that need access. The company does offer a 30 day free trial.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is an analytics and business intelligence platform that aims to helps marketers unify their data across platforms into a single source of truth.
Who should use Datorama?
Highly technical marketing teams or teams with engineering resources. You will need to know SQL in order to use Datorama effectively.
They do focus specifically on the marketing dilemma, and they claim to have every integration possible (even ones that don't offer API connections, which is questionable?). The biggest challenge I see with Datorama is that the software is very technical and complex. Often teams need to hire an implementation engineer that knows the Datorama coding language, just to get it set up properly or to make any changes.
However, once you do have it set up properly, the tool is pretty powerful. Datorama may be too expensive for some companies, especially given the fact that you'll need to upgrade to a premium level if you want access to a customer service rep.
- Claim to have 400 marketing integrations (*but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site)
- Powerful visualization capability
- Steep learning curve as the platform is not very intuitive
- Difficult to set up new campaigns or make changes without an implementation engineer
- You can only view your data through the Datorama dashboard, you can't export it, save it as a file, or view it on the BI tool of your choice.
- Customers are charged by the number of lines of data, which can be very cost prohibitive if you have numerous campaigns running.
- Naming conventions are confusing. Some metrics are named very differently from how they appear in the source.
- Access to a customer service rep is an up-charge.
Datorama charges customers based on lines of data. If users have several campaigns running, this can get rather expensive.
They claim to have 400 marketing integrations, but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site.
What is Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is a marketing analytics platform that aims to integrate with all of your marketing and advertising platforms.
Who should use Funnel.io?
Similar to improvado.io, the data mapping interface allows you to map and group data, and data can be fed directly into a data warehouse, dashboard solution, Google Sheets, Google Data Studio, however Funnel.io does not have a direct Tableau integration.
While the platform boasts having connections with over 365 data sources, those integrations are not quite as granular as a marketer may need. For example, it can be difficult to get data on the ad set level in Facebook. For many marketers, this type of data is critical, and once they figure out this flaw in Funnel.io, they come searching for help from improvado.io.
The benefit of Funnel.io is that the platform is basic and it is very much self-serve. However, this may be a drawback if you find you need the support of a customer success manager, as this is not included at the basic price level.
It's best for small business owners and early-stage companies, as you can easily use Funnel.io on a month-to-month basis and they charge you based on ad spend. However, as your company grows, Funnel.io can become more expensive and you might find the depth of integrations to be limiting.
- Over 365 integrations
- Visualization widgets have a large amount of flexibility, with several options for graphs and charts.
- Ability to export your data
- Difficult to get granular data. For example, unable to get data at the ad set level on Facebook or information about Users or Sessions from Google Analytics.
- There is no direct Tableau integration. Users have to upload their data to a data warehouse first.
- There are more limitations than other platforms, for example, you can't create custom metrics.
- Price can quite steep, even at the month to month level for SMBs.
Funnel.io charges on a per month basis, starting at $299/month for its Standard plan. It boasts an unlimited number of data sources and users. However, there is an additional cost per month for each additional destination you connect your data to.
They claim to have 365 data sources. View the complete list of Funnel.io integrations here.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a simple data extraction platform for marketers. It is a tool that helps marketers by pulling social, SEO, PPC, and analytics data into a single place for reporting and analysis.
Who should use Supermetrics?
All the platform really does is pull your data from a limited list of platforms into Google Sheets or Google Data Studio.
You should use Supermetrics if you are part of a scrappy startup and mainly use Facebook, Adwords and Google Analytics and just need help getting that data into Google Sheets. If you end up using any other channels or need any more sophisticated dashboards or visualization, this will not be that helpful.
- Good for extracting granular data from Facebook, Adwords, and Google Analytics.
- They don't offer transformation. You can't map the data together across platforms, you'd have to do that on your own.
- They don't offer any visualizations.
- They have a lot of data accuracy issues.
- Initial setup can be difficult.
- They don't have integrations with many BI tools. You can only send your data to Google Sheets or Google Data Studio.
- Google spreadsheets has a limited number of rows of data, so you'll get capped out if you need to export too many lines of data.
- You'll need to run your own queries on top of your google sheets.
- They claim to have 40+ integrations, but the rest of them are very basic without access to granular data.
Supermetrics is the cheapest solution by far, starting at $19 per month, but their product offering is very rudimentary.
There are different plans depending on where you plan to send your data, and the cost adds up quickly if you need to purchase any of the add ons.
They claim to have 40+ integrations, but they don't provide a list of integrations on their site.
If you're in the market for a marketing analytics platform to help you aggregate all your data into one place, you'll likely want to review this list in detail, comparing Domo vs Datorama vs Improvado vs Funnel.io vs Supermetrics.
Our recommendation: Improvado.io
Want to try improvado.io? Click here to Request a Demo and Get 1 Month Free.