Chances are, if you’ve landed on this article comparing Datorama alternatives & competitors, its because your tired of manually aggregating data across multiple platforms into one format wasting hours of your week.
There is a better, simpler way.
Programs like Datorama, Improvado, Stitch, Supermetrics, and Fivetran are working to simplify this tedious marketing problem.
By automating the data aggregation process Datorama and its competitors are saving marketers and agencies upward of 20 to 50+ hours. They have created ways that gather reports across multiple campaigns and display them in an easy to read format in one place and in real time.
But not all data aggregation tools are the same.
Following is a comparison of Datorama and its alternatives and competitors. The perfect fit for your marketing needs is out there. Let’s find it!
Datorama Alternatives & Competitors
What is Improvado?
Improvado collects all your marketing data into one place. It syncs into every marketing platform you use, and gathers the data into the Improvado platform or sends it straight to your BI tools, with no dev help needed. It was designed by marketers for marketers. Now all your marketing reports and dashboards are automated in real-time.
Who should use Improvado?
Improvado is for any marketer seeking to simplify and streamline the work of aggregating data into an easy to use database. The program automates the entire process-- freeing up your time to work on other marketing tasks.
Improvado has hundreds of integrations with platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, Snapchat, Shopify, Mailchimp, Salesforce and more. This makes it easy to get the data you need, from wherever it lives. Integrations run deep and pull granular data from both the keyword and ad level.
Improvado allows you to view data in real time, viewing your marketing performance from a high level or drill in to the nitty gritty details.
It's easy to create custom dashboards and reports, but their customer service team is incredibly helpful if you need their support. Their customer support is available throughout every step and pays close attention to the specific needs of the individual client. Collected data is viewable on the BI tool of your choice as well as through Improvado’s dashboard. The user experience is a high priority.
- Customer support is included and available throughout every step
- Implementation is simple, no developers required
- Compatible with the BI tool of your choice, including Tableau, Looker etc.
- Data aggregated in real time to a single destination
- Completely customizable, including custom metrics and integrations
- Deep and granular data integrations
- Pulls data from multiple platforms
- While some of the more granular features can seem complicated, customer service is excellent at helping users through any issues and building any needed custom calculations.
- Some initial back and forth may be needed with customer support to set up dashboards and reports exactly how you want them. However, the result is a system fully customized to your needs.
Improvado pricing is done on a custom basis. The company can assess your business needs and give you pricing details during a call.
Improvado currently has 80 integrations and can custom integrate for any additional data sources needed. By the end of 2018 the platform has plans to have increased to 500 integrations.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is an analytics and business intelligence platform that aims to helps marketers unify their data across platforms into a single useful dashboard.
Who should use Datorama?
Datorama is designed for people familiar with SQL. Users need to be a highly technical marketing team or have access to engineering resources. This software is not designed for someone new to the game.
While the software is technical and complex they do focus specifically on the marketing dilemma. Datorama claims to have every integration possible, even for ones that do not offer API connections (which is questionable and requires further exploration).
An implementation engineer familiar with the Datorama coding language is necessary to set up the system or to make any changes. The system is difficult initially but once set up correctly becomes a powerful tool.
Datorama may be too expensive for some companies and customer service reps are only available to those who upgrade to a premium level.
- Claims to have 400 marketing integrations (*but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site)
- Powerful visualization capability
- Steep user learning curve as the platform requires knowledge of SQL
- Difficult to set up new campaigns or make changes without an implementation engineer
- You can only view your data through the Datorama dashboard, you can't export it, save it as a file, or view it on the BI tool of your choice.
- Customers are charged by the number of lines of data, which can be very cost prohibitive if you have numerous campaigns running.
- Naming conventions are confusing. Some metrics are named very differently from how they appear in the source and difficult to rename.
- Access to a customer service rep is an up-charge to the premium level
- It takes a lot of manual work to get data into a workable state
- Database solution is not provided with the software, so you need a separate budget for that
- Cross-channel comparison is limited
"I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Datorama (leaning more towards love). I do appreciate how intricate it can be and I like that I can always rely on their team to help solve any questions I or my clients may have...It can be cumbersome to setup and the learning curve on this for clients *can* be steep. Clients need to understand what it's meant for and what they can do before they start changing metrics on the fly."
"Easy place to compile all data into one report... Complex API connections make this hard to learn and teach new users."
Datorama charges based on lines of data. If users have several campaigns running, this can get rather expensive and limits the amount of data that can be run to a price point .
They claim to have 400 marketing integrations, but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a simple data extraction platform for marketers that pulls social, SEO, PPC, and analytics data into a single place for reporting and analysis.
Who should use Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is designed for smaller startups. For marketers that mainly use Facebook, Adwords and Google Analytics. The platform is limited to pulling data from a list of platforms into Google Sheets or Google Data Studio. If you end up using any other channels or need any more sophisticated dashboards or visualization, Supermetrics will not be compatible.
- Good for extracting granular data from Facebook, Adwords, and Google Analytics.
- They don't offer transformation. You can't map the data together across platforms, you'd have to do that manually.
- They don't offer any visualizations.
- They have a lot of data accuracy issues.
- Initial setup can be difficult.
- They don't have integrations with many BI tools. Data can only be sent to Google Sheets or Google Data Studio.
- Google spreadsheets has a limited number of rows of data, so you'll get capped out if you need to export too many lines of data.
- You'll need to run your own queries on top of your google sheets.
- They claim to have 40+ integrations, but the rest of them are very basic without access to granular data.
- Small startups can quickly outgrow the system
- Ongoing ease-of-use is tricky - there are manual processes required throughout.
"The initial set-up is rather awkward and it can be very difficult to work out what to fix if it stops working for whatever reason."
"Overall good tool but could improve with offering more integrations."
Supermetrics is the least expensive, starting at $19 per month, but the product is overly simple and basic..
There are different plans depending on where you plan to send your data, and the cost adds up quickly if you need to purchase any add-ons.
There is no list of integrations on the website but Supermetrics claims to have 40+ integrations.
What is Stitch?
Stitch is a developer-focused cloud-first model designed to aggregate rapidly moving data from anywhere and in a matter of minutes.
Who should use Stitch?
The platform is a simple, extensible ETL built for data teams. It is great for startups and small companies. Users can extract data from many different sources, load that data into leading data platforms, and analyze it with leading tools.
- Many integrations with databases and SaaS products
- Quick setup
- Learning curve for the user interface is difficult on the front end
- Some integrations may need to be re-synced from time to time
Stitch offers a range of plans, from free to $1,000 per month. There is also an enterprise plan with custom pricing.
The platform offers 80+ integrations, a list of which can be viewed here.
What is Fivetran?
Fivetran is for marketers interested in connecting their databases, applications, and more to a central destination from which they can view and analyze their data.
Who should use Fivetran?
Fivetran is particularly helpful with data collection and analysis for people with little to know technical knowledge. According to the company’s claims it takes only five-minutes to set up the software and there is zero maintenance. Once your data is stored in the “warehouse,” you can run queries using the software. All data stored in the platform is placed in a central hub. One of the top goals for Fivetran is to make searching and accessing the data user-simple.
- Ability make inquiries about data and get analysis
- Search function for stored data
- Good amount of granular data
- The platform can be a bit buggy at times and delayed
- Slight lack of flexibility
- No ability to configure batch sizes for queries
- If issues are encountered, can be difficult to find the cause without the help of customer support
- Fivetran Pricing
- In order to get pricing for Fivetran, you will have to contact the company. However, the platform does provide a free demo option of its tool.
- You need to know how to query to use the software
- No data visualization tool
- Full schema refresh updates can take two to three days
- One direction data sync
"Fantastic software easy to use and best of all not expensive. Helps you simplify what usually becomes complicated. Now I manage ETLs without having to write or keep the code.
For the meantime, Five Trans only offers one direction data sync. It would be phenomenal if it would offer a two way directional sync. However for the price, it is a great acquisition."
Fivetran boasts a broad array of data source connectors. A list can be viewed here.
If you are in need of a marketing analytics tool for data aggregation from numerous sources into a single destination, then you will want to take a closer look at Datorama, Improvado, Supermetrics, Stitch, and Fivetran. We have a clear favorite and we think you’ll agree.
Our recommendation: Improvado
Want to try Improvado? Click here to Request a Demo and Get 1 Month Free.