The Best Facebook Ads Report Templates to Try in 2021
Facebook Ads reporting makes it possible for performance marketing managers to create, personalize, and schedule reports on the business ad performance using native Facebook Ads reporting, manually creating spreadsheet reports, or streaming Facebook Ads data to a different template.
The power of reports is to represent marketing insights focusing on the parameters marketers and their clients have selected. Facebook ads report is a must-have if you heavily invest in Facebook advertising and search for a simple way to show the ROAS.
Trying to pull data out of the Facebook Ads reporting to answer business questions? We know your pain! It might be tough to pull the right reports from the confusing functionality of Facebook Ads Manager. The social media ads report template makes it possible to visualise your marketing activities and read Facebook insights pointing at the most important social media metrics. An excellent Facebook reporting template can save a significant amount of time (and money!) while providing the value that marketing specialists will appreciate.
In case if you’re pulling data from the different advertisement platforms, you might face the issue of data inconsistency because most of the platforms name metrics differently. Thus, what is ‘impressions’ in one platform can be named ‘reach’ in another. To avoid this, make sure your data pipeline addresses this risk.
What kinds of Facebook Ads Reports are there?
To figure out which template is ideal for you, it helps to understand how Facebook API and Ads reports actually work.
Facebook Ads Reporting is a free tool provided by Facebook to help brands track their ad spend and campaign success. On a basic level, reporting is used to manage your ad campaigns and create automated emailed reports to send to your clients in your run a marketing firm.
Reports can also be made from scratch and with highly customized elements, such as filters and other advanced functions. Without this kind of reporting feature, measuring ROI and the success of campaigns would be nearly impossible, leading to wasted money.
So what’s wrong with it?
Why Do We Need Custom Facebook Ads Reporting Templates?
Native Facebook Ads Reporting dashboards are fine, but they might be just not right for you if it doesn’t meet requirements of your business or marketing processes.
Facebook Ads Native Dashboard is Overwhelmed with Data
First of all, it provides too many metrics and data that usually contains too much extraneous information. You might want to include metrics relevant to your business only. That’s when you open a spreadsheet file to extract from Facebook reports the data you need. That’s when templates are the best solution.
The Native Dashboard Limits your Marketing Boarders
While you can get used to the rich reporting functionality of Facebook Ads, you might want to see the whole picture of how your Ads channels perform at a large scale. That’s when an all-in-one marketing data solution comes to the right place.
Let’s see what kind of free and paid Facebook Ads reporting templates are out there.
The Best Facebook Ads Templates to Simplify Your Reporting
Improvado Brand Awareness Ads Dashboard
This is a great solution for agencies and large companies. Improvado allows you to extract data from your Facebook account, transform it to the dashboard with the metrics you need, and connect it with the data from other marketing channels.
- The highest level of customisation - you can basically build a report using any data from your Facebook Ads Reporting.
- 200+ data sources are integrated with this platform, so the Facebook ads data can be connected to basically any other tool’s data.
- Doesn’t require coding skills.
- A customer support team that can build reports for you and basically fix any problem.
- Different marketing tools might use their own terminology. What one platform calls “impressions” another calls “imps” and another calls “views.” Improvado provides a unique approach called the Marketing Common Data Model that unifies terminology of different tools while pulling the data into one dashboard maximising data accuracy.
- It might be too complex for small businesses and definitely not a solution for freelancers.
If you'd like to access this dashboard, you can set up a free call with our experts.📞
Leads Breakdown Dashboard Template
If you're interested in free templates to experiment with, you're in luck. A few out there are excellent and free to download, including this purchase and leads breakdown dashboard template created by Yello Veedub via Databox that helps small businesses measure the performance and ROI of ad campaigns.
- The template has a sleek line-free look and minimalist typography that makes reading your report data very easy on the eyes.
- This marketing dashboard template provides integrations with about 70 platforms, though only 3 connectors are available in the free version.
- Connecting your business's Ads account takes little more than a few clicks, though no complex coding necessary.
Some of the biggest reporting benefits to this template (aside from the professional aesthetic) include ad spend totals, direct and clear conversion sources, return on ad spend, and top campaigns generating leads. You can also get an idea of how often people see your individual ads in their news feed, which is the type of transparency marketing pros need.
Supermetrics Facebook Ads Template
Supermetics' free Data Studio template for Facebook Ads is another great free template to take for a spin. While this isn't technically a Reports template, this template can be used with Google Data Studio to manage your Facebook Ads data.
This template is quite handy if you're less enchanted with Facebook Ads Reporting and manage most of your advertising spend via Google Data Studio.
The nature of this tool is that it usually only connects with platforms owned by Google, such as Google Ads, Google Analytics, and Google My Business. This reporting template tool makes it possible to integrate Facebook Ads with Data Studio and other ad platforms, such as Taboola and LinkedIn Ads.
- With this template, you'll be able to generate basic graphs and total impressions, the amount spent, and CPM with ease. Your template's dashboard will also display clicks, CPC, CTR, actions, and action rates. If you want more in-depth campaign data, this template will also show you which countries are clicking your ads the most per campaign.
- Keep in mind that while this template is free, it's only for a two-week free trial. After this, the cost of this template and Supermetrics' other Data Studio tools is about $39 per month.
- Limited integration options.
Improvado Facebook Lead Generation Ads Template
Even though we’ve already mentioned one of the templates this tool provides, the Lead Generation Facebook ads template deserves a quick look.
- This template shows your lead generation activities across multiple social media channels in a simple clean view. All you need to do is to connect your Facebook Ads Leads data to Improvado, as well as other sources you want to get data from.
- In case if you use only Facebook Ads for your lead generation activities, the simple Improvado Facebook Ads template we mentioned above should be enough for you.
Dashthis Facebook Ads Report Template
Dashthis has a great Facebook Ads report template designed for small businesses. If you're looking for a reporting template that will reduce the amount of time you've been spending on gathering data, this is the one to try.
- It provides a pretty clear and simplistic visual design.
- This template showcases everything from the amount spent to total conversion value to website conversions.
- If you're a marketing specialist dealing with multiple clients and brands, this template makes plugging information for each brand substantially easier. You can generate all the Facebook KPIs you need via automation. If you have clients that aren't exactly experts in terms of marketing statistics and analytics, the sleek and simple design of this report template will make it easy for them to eyeball where things are working and where things are not working, mostly through the use of easy-to-read graphs and color-coded graphs.
- The drag-and-drop interface makes customizing your template quite simple. Dashthis also makes connecting other platforms like Google Ads and LinkedIn Ads quite simple.
- Currently, Dashthis is offering the template for a fifteen-day trial, after which you will be charged $33 per month to continue use.
- Though it’s a great Facebook Ads solution for a small business or freelancer, it might not be enough flexibility for enterprises.
Whatagraph Facebook Ads Report Template
Like many of the templates in this guide, Whatagraph's Facebook Ads Report template boasts highly visual designs and showcases key performance metrics for your ad campaigns on Facebook.
- What makes this template unique is that it comes with automated sharing capabilities to keep your clients up to date with their metrics without your having to lift a finger. It uses automation in a way that is extremely beneficial to busy marketing agencies and entrepreneurs.
- You can also take advantage of cross-channel performance tracking and real-time viewing, and this template is also compatible with Google Analytics, Bing Ads, Instagram Ads, and much more. This template definitely has a lot of use cases for just being a simple reporting template.
- Team access, client list management, customisable text and graphics, pre-made templates and widgets for different use cases, a drag-and-drop report builder, and instant sharing.
- Limited marketing software integration options in the basic packages for bigger companies.
We recommend this Facebook Ads Reporting template if you're working with a team and want to take a more collaborative approach to analytics reporting.
Free Facebook Ads Data Studio Template
Another great Data Studio template for Facebook Ads has to be this little gem from One PPC. As we've mentioned in a previous review, Data Studio is used by marketing specialists around the globe that invest heavily in Google ads.
- The software itself is excellent and very user-friendly. Unfortunately, it can be a pain to switch between Facebook Ads Reporting and Google Data Studio regularly if you use both platforms for digital advertising. This template brings these two platforms together into one easy-to-use dashboard.
- One PPC's template is great because it has several different use cases for different industries and business goals. Namely, you can decide what kind of Facebook Ads campaign objectives you want to focus on and personalize your template to reflect those goals. You can choose to focus on cold traffic (awareness as the top of the funnel), warm traffic (consideration mid-funnel), or hot traffic (conversion at the bottom of the funnel.) Some companies may only use a handful of campaign objectives or all of them-- this template makes visualizing them all quite easy.
- Though it can be a good solution for marketers trying to integrate Data Studio and Facebook Ads, this solution might be insufficient for bigger teams.
After an initial free trial, marketing specialists who like this template will have to invest in One PPC's full software package that starts at a minimum of £349 (or $448) monthly.
Swydo Pre-Built Facebook Ads Report Templates
Are you looking for a Facebook Ads Reporting template that boasts custom visuals, pixels, advanced filtering, metrics, and more? This template from Swydo could be exactly what you need if customisation is your top priority.
This product is actually a set of templates from Swydo. Start by signing up for their service, then select one of their pre-made templates. You also have the option of starting completely from scratch, but we recommend choosing one of the pre-built templates to begin with. Then, you'll use their very user-friendly interface to connect your data sources, after which you can begin to customise that data to meet the needs of your clients. You can then schedule, share, and email your dashboard findings via PDF.
- This template is great for tracking KPIs and business goals and painting a very clear picture of the reach, action, shares, conversions, leads, and other aspects of your campaign that are highly relevant. You don't have to hunt down KPIs either - you can simply choose from Swydo's KPI and widget library to generate a report based entirely on your clients' needs.
- Very few connectors for bigger marketing teams.
Swydo's template is available for free for two weeks, after which you will need to pay a minimum of $75 per month to use their whole reporting and monitoring platform.
Octoboard Facebook Ads Business Reports and Templates
This platform makes quite a few different types of reports and templates for various types of reporting software, and their Facebook Ads performance report template is one of the best. If you heavily invest in PPC advertising, you can even combine this template with data from other platforms you run PPC platforms. Skim through impressions, actions, total clicks, costs, CPC, and so much more with this template. You can manage revenue from Facebook ads conversions and custom conversions for different specifics campaigns.
This template focuses mainly on pairing actions and impressions with costs, so it would be ideal to use if you’re mainly focused on tracking your ROI and general ad spend. It’s particularly useful if you’ve just started using Facebook Ads and don’t know if you want to stick to the platform.
- Octoboard’s Facebook Ads performance reporting template is great for sending automated reports to your clients and building up online marketing dashboards in general.
- This template is part of Octoboard’s Social Media reporting tool, which does not come with a free trial and is priced at a minimum of €8 (or $10) per month.
Facebook Ads Report Template in Google Sheets
This is one more free template from Supermetrics that comes in a simple Google Spreadsheet template.
This report is for you if you got used to keeping all your marketing data in Google Spreadsheets.
- Simple customization.
- You can export raw data from multiple resources.
- The setup process might be confusing and take some time.
- It is difficult to work with on the biggest scale since the Google Spreadsheets tool has its own performance limitations working with too many raw.
Custom Google Data Studio Reports
In case if you already know what data you want to see on your dashboard and all you need is to build a custom Facebook Ads report in Google Data Studio, you can use one of the ETL software solutions to do so without any coding.
- Complete control over your dashboard view.
- The data is being updated instantly, so you will not see data lags like in some other cases.
- Even though full customisation gives you freedom in building whatever you want in Google Data Studio, this is a longer route for those searching for a fast way to build a simple Facebook Ads dashboard.
If you'd like to access this dashboard, you can set up a free call with our experts.📞
Depending on the size of your business, the number of marketing channels you use, and your willingness to streaming data from Facebook Ads with or without coding skills or tech resources availability, you may want to select the solution that meets your needs better.
We suggest you try all the reports from this list to find a perfect solution for you. Still, if you’re running out of time, we would recommend jumping to Dashthis for small marketing teams, Facebook Ads Report in Google Sheets by Supermetrics for freelancers, and Improvado for enterprises.