The most prominent TapClicks alternatives in 2023
TapClicks is an automated marketing data platform that helps marketers make smart business decisions backed with insights. Even though it offers a variety of reporting features, TapClicks competitors have their unique features and benefits such as new integrations, flexible pricing, more granular data, and more.
This article compares TapClicks to its most advanced alternatives and helps you choose the platform that suits your marketing needs. If you don't have the time to read a complete guide, we've drawn up a short list of the best TapClicks alternatives:
- Improvado: An enterprise-grade ETL revenue data platform designed specifically for marketing and sales data.
- Datorama: A cloud-based data platform with solid visualization capabilities for marketers familiar with SQL.
- Funnel.io: An end-to-end data tracking and analytics platform best suited for small and mid-size brands.
- Adverity: A data integration and visualization platform for marketing teams experienced in processing and using data.
What is Tapclicks?
Tapclicks is a cloud-based tool providing data aggregation, campaign analytics, management and reporting.
Who should use Tapclicks?
Marketers and companies that serve companies with multiple clients. This tool helps automate the scheduling and exporting of reports into PDF, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Email.
- Large quantity of data sources
- Many options for visualization
- Difficult to operate some of the main features
- Users have complained that reporting can sometimes be buggy
- Has limited field customizations
TapClicks Basic plan starts at $499/month. Compared to TapClicks competitors the price is rather high, especially for small businesses and marketing agencies. However, potential clients can utilize a free 14-day trial or demo versions before committing.
TapClicks website claims to provide connections to 1,400+ channels.
What is Improvado?
Improvado is one of the most prominent TapClicks alternatives on the market right now. The platform collects all your marketing data into one place. It syncs into every marketing platform you use, and gathers the data into the Improvado platform or sends it straight to your BI tools, with no dev help needed. It was designed by marketers for marketers. Now all your marketing reports and dashboards are automated in real-time.
Learn about Best Dashboard Software
Who should use Improvado?
Improvado is for any marketer seeking to simplify and streamline the work of aggregating data into an easy to use database. The program automates the entire process-- freeing up your time to work on other marketing tasks.
Improvado has hundreds of integrations with platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, Snapchat, Shopify, Mailchimp, Salesforce and more. This makes it easy to get the data you need, from wherever it lives. Integrations run deep and pull granular data from both the keyword and ad level.
Improvado allows you to view data in real time, viewing your marketing performance from a high level or drill in to the nitty gritty details.
It's easy to create custom dashboards and reports, but their customer service team is incredibly helpful if you need their support. Their customer support is available throughout every step and pays close attention to the specific needs of the individual client. Collected data is viewable on the BI tool of your choice as well as through Improvado’s dashboard. The user experience is a high priority.
- Customer support is included and available throughout every step
- Implementation is simple, no developers required
- Compatible with the BI tool of your choice, including Tableau, Looker etc.
- Data aggregated in real time to a single destination
- Completely customizable, including custom metrics and integrations
- Deep and granular data integrations
- Pulls data from multiple platforms
- While some of the more granular features can seem complicated, customer service is excellent at helping users through any issues and building any needed custom calculations.
- Some initial back and forth may be needed with customer support to set up dashboards and reports exactly how you want them.
Customization is a main feature with Improvado, including when it comes to pricing. Improvado considers your business needs, helps develop the plan right for you, and provides customized pricing details during a call.
Improvado currently has 200 + integrations and can custom integrate for any additional data sources needed. Here you can find a complete list of Improvado’s integrations.
Improvado vs. TapClicks
It may be hard to pick a marketing data automation solution without comparison of their strong and weak sides. That’s why, we’ve pinpointed Improvado’s and TapClicks’ upsides and downsides to help you make the right decision.
- TapClicks basic plan costs $499/month, which may be rather expensive for small businesses. The platform offers 1400+ marketing channels to stream data from. However, small agencies and brands may not need all of them. The pricing inflexibility leads to a waste of money. Improvado, in its turn, provides personal pricing according to the client’s marketing needs and budget.
- Due to a large number of connectors, users notice lags while using TapClicks. A large amount of data sources connected to a single dashboard may ruin user experience with large loading time. At Improvado, we have optimized dashboards with only the necessary connectors to maximize software performance.
- Some users claim that it may be hard to figure out certain TapClicks features. At Improvado, we offer clear and concise UX design so our users never get confused with software functionalities.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is another mentionable TapClicks competitor. This analytics and business intelligence platform aims to help marketers streamline data across platforms into one useful dashboard.
What does Datorama do?
Datorama helps marketers solve their data challenges and create a clear picture of their marketing efforts. Datorma’s solutions help customers manage their demand generation processes, monitor customer insights, and improve their brand messaging and positioning.
The company works with brands, publishers, and marketing agencies. It offers a scalable solution for any company size, thus growing along with their clients.
Who should use Datorama?
Highly technical marketing teams, or those with access to engineering resources, and familiar with SQL will find Datorama helpful. This complex, technical software is not designed for the newbie marketer. From the perspective of usability for marketing analysts, Datorama isn’t the best TapClicks alternative due to utilization difficulties.
Datorama focuses specifically on the marketing dilemma and claims to have every integration possible, even for ones that do not offer API connections (which requires further investigation as to how this is possible).
A marketing team will need access to an implementation engineer familiar with the Datorama coding language to set up the system or to make any changes. While difficult initially the system does have promise to be a powerful tool for the user, if set up correctly.
- Claims to have 400 marketing integrations (*but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site)
- Powerful visualization capability
- Steep user learning curve
- Requires knowledge of SQL
- Difficult to set up new campaigns
- Difficult to make changes without an implementation engineer
- No exporting of data, saving as a file, or viewing it anywhere but the Datorama dashboard
- Users charged by the number of lines of data
- Naming conventions are confusing and difficult to rename
- Up-charge to the premium level if customer service is needed
- Getting data into a workable state is a super manual process
- Database solution is not provided, so users need to allocate a separate budget for that
- Limits to cross-channel comparison
Datorama charges based on lines of data. For marketers with several campaigns, this becomes rather expensive and limiting.
No list is available on the website, though they claim to have 400 marketing integrations
What is Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is a notable TapClicks competitor. This marketing analytics platform aims to integrate with all of your marketing and advertising platforms.
Who should use Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is for the small business owner and early stage company that aims to map and group data on a month-to-month basis. The collected data is fed into a data warehouse, dashboard solution, Google Sheets, or Google Data Studio. If you prefer Tableau, unfortunately Funnel.io is not set up for a direct integration.
The platform has connections with 395 data sources, though they are not quite as granular as a marketer may need. With Funnel.io it can be difficult to collect critical data on the ad set level in Facebook.
Users are charged based on ad spend. While this is great in the beginning, as the company grows, the cost to use Funnel.io grows as well while the depth of integrations remains limiting. The platform is basic and customer support is not included in every package.
- Integrations with 395 data sources
- Visualization widgets provide several options for graphs and charts.
- Allows user to export data
- Difficult to get granular data. Unable to get data at the ad set level on Facebook or information about Users or Sessions from Google Analytics
- They do not offer a database solution - you have to pay for that separately.
- No attribution reporting
- When channels update APIs is not customizable
- Creating and using data transformations are difficult to learn - there are several different subcategories that you have to teach yourself to use the system properly
- Matching sources to dimensions is challenging
- No direct Tableau integration
- More limitations than other platforms
- Users are unable to create custom metrics
- It's difficult to add multiple accounts to one report. For example, if you are an agency wanting to look at multiple AdWords accounts under one report, you may have difficulty doing so
Charges are on a per month basis. Plans begin at $299/month. Funnel claims an unlimited number of data sources and users but this comes with an additional cost per month for each additional destination data is connected to..
View the complete list of 395 Funnel integrations here.
What is Adverity?
Adverity is yet another one of TapClicks competitors. It automates data collection into a platform that visualizes the campaigns. Adverity’s Data Tap tool seeks to increase user efficiency in reporting and analytics.
Who should use Adverity?
Data-driven marketers who are seeking a more efficient way to work with their media, e-commerce, and marketing platforms will appreciate the efficiency of Adverity.
- User has control over the data
- Data sources integrated in real-time
- Scalable and flexible platform
- Steep learning curve that takes time to reap high rewards from the platform
- The Ux-flow is in need of an upgrade
- UI dashboards are not as customizable as they could be
- Support and sales teams are mostly Europe based, making customer service time lag depending on your location
- Ramp up time can take several months
- No database provided - you need an alternative budget allocated for that
- Need a good understanding of data to get the most out of the platform
Contact Adverity directly for pricing details and demos. No prices are listed on the website.
Adverity claims to provide users with 150+ integrations.
Each of the above software platforms provides data collection across multiple campaigns funneling it into a single dashboard. But that is where the similarities end. We believe there is one clear winner when it comes to customization, outstanding and accessible customer support, and options for final reporting.
If you are still unsure may we suggest making a list of everything you know you need. Then go back and read the review of Tapclicks competitors such as Improvado, Datorama, and Adverity once again. If you still got questions to ask, you can set up a quick call with our professionals here. 👇