13 Best ETL Tools For Enterprise Businesses to Try in 2023
In the modern world, data management is immensely important, especially for marketers and business owners. The amount of data available to enterprise businesses today can be overwhelming, especially when you are trying to extract data to pull real-time actionable insights and make critical data-driven decisions.
Luckily, ETL tools (Extract, Transform, and Load), which are a key part of data integration solutions, are helping businesses manage all their data effortlessly and at scale. These tools are instrumental in enabling companies to avoid data silos, improve data quality, and save a lot of time on reporting through automated data pipelines.
Let’s take a closer look at the different types of ETL tools available in the market today and outline the framework for you to choose the best ETL tool to support your data integration needs.
Understanding the Role of ETL Tools
The goal of ETL tools is to extract data from a variety of different sources, transform that data into a uniform format so that each set can be understood in the context of the other, and load the data into a single place. This is particularly useful for business intelligence, especially marketing data.
A powerful ETL can significantly simplify marketing data management and analysis, saving teams 80-100 hours per week. Seeing all your marketing data in one dashboard, automatically updated so that you can focus on strategizing and reacting to the data accordingly, saves a lot of company resources and allows you to focus on strategizing and reacting to the data accordingly. That is what ETL tools are for.
The Best ETL Tools for Enterprises
Navigating the ETL tools landscape is crucial for large enterprises, especially those with a variety of data sources. This section provides a detailed analysis of top ETL tools, evaluating their strengths, weaknesses, data transformation capabilities, and pricing.
Improvado is an advanced marketing data management and analytics platform powered by an extract, transform, and load (ETL) solution. With over 500 data source connectors, self-serve and automated data transformations, and support for popular enterprise destinations, Improvado streamlines the whole data pipeline process and allows companies to go beyond shallow processing.
The platform is designed specifically for marketing, sales, and revenue teams. Thus, it's a no-code data integration solution; no SQL queries, manual operations, or IT resources are required.
What is Improvado?
Improvado is an enterprise-grade solution that automates analytics and reporting processes. The platform supports the entire data integration workflow:
- Extract: Improvado extracts data from over 500 data sources, including popular platforms like Google Analytics, Salesforce, ad platforms, CRMs, email marketing apps, and more. If the required data source connector is absent, customers can request custom integrations which will be delivered in six weeks at the most. Improvado is flexible in the frequency of data extraction, supports flat-file feed, and provides pre-built extraction templates and bulk campaign extraction. Additionally, Improvado aggregates high-granularity data. The solution pulls over 36,000 metrics and dimensions from the data sources, which allows marketing teams to analyze the performance of a particular audience, geo, cohort, or creative.
- Transform: Improvado provides two data transformation options: the Marketing Common Data Model (MCDM) and DataPrep. MCDM is an out-of-the-box solution that automatically transforms data, harmonizes disparate metrics, and merges data from multiple channels. The tool comes with a pre-built cross-channel Data Studio dashboard. Using one of the dashboard templates, get a quick overview of their omnichannel revenue-impacting activities. DataPrep, in turn, is a self-service transformation solution fitted for teams with more advanced needs. You can run transformations by applying data rules and using over 300 features.
- Load: Once the data is analysis-ready, Improvado can push it to a data warehouse, analytics tool, BI, or data visualization platform. The solution supports integration with Power BI, Redash, Tableau, ClickHouse, Google BigQuery, and other popular destinations. For teams with no IT resources, Improvado provides data warehouse management services.
Who should use Improvado?
Improvado is a robust ETL tool ideally suited for marketing departments in large enterprises with complex analytics and customization requirements. The platform offers enhanced customization capabilities, empowering teams with specific requirements such as custom connectors for pulling additional metrics and dimensions, custom data transformation rules, or tailor-made dashboards.
Global ecommerce, healthcare, gaming companies, SAAS brands, agencies, and universities and more can all use Improvado to get a holistic view of their omnichannel efforts on time and at scale.
Improvado is a zero-code solution, which means the platform suits teams with no IT resources. None of the Improvado ETL steps require SQL, Python, or technical expertise. Meanwhile, the Improvado Professional Services team can help with any technical issue that arises in the process: design custom data transformations, enable flat-file feed, or even customize your dashboard.
- Full support with a customer service rep is included. Improvado provides the highest quality of support on the marketing reporting market.
- The solution pulls highly-granular data from 500+ sources and can deliver custom connectors to any platform.
- The solution provides advanced automated data transformations: no SQL, no manual data procession, no data hassle.
- It helps users to deduplicate and enrich data from multiple resources for numerous needs.
- The tool is an excellent choice for brands managing spend across multiple digital marketing channels.
- Improvado grows into an analytics partner with numerous customization options, SLA, professional services, marketing expertise, and much more.
- Some of the more granular features can be a bit complicated and require time to master, but support is great about walking users through them.
Improvado operates on a custom pricing model and doesn't tie its users to a one-size-fits-all billing plan.
Improvado supports data integration with over 500 platforms, including advertising channels, payment processors, CRM systems, marketing automation tools, and social media platforms.
Improvado also provides all its users with the ability to request a custom connector through the Data Extraction Customization Service (DECS). Alternatively, users can aggregate data via flat-data ingestion, or raw data extraction through mediums such as email, spreadsheet, Amazon S3, or FTP/SFTP.
Notably, Improvado doesn't just offer an array of data source connectors but also delivers in-depth data analysis, pulling over 36,000 metrics and dimensions from these sources. This feature facilitates thorough exploration of your data, providing insights with an unmatched level of granularity.
2. Integrate.io (ex.Xplenty)
Integrate.io is another ETL marketing tool. Its marketing platform allows you to integrate, process and prepare data for analytics on the cloud.
The marketing dashboard at the homepage of Integrate.io software is a snapshot of the whole ETL system. This page shows software accessing the databases, the analytical tools that can be used to manipulate that data and a user control log as well.
- Easy to navigate graphical user interface
- The software is segregated into multiple useful segments which include:
- Expression editor
- Reporting tool
- Users would benefit from a nested API capability if included in the software.
- Error messages are not always descriptive enough.
- Incremental data transfer can be a challenge
Supermetrics ETL marketing tool is recognized as one of the most advanced tools for digital markets anywhere in the world.
Supermetrics allows users to gather useful data from many social marketing avenues including Google Ads, Facebook home page and other social media pages. The data can be gathered into google sheets and the analytics module Supermetrics can provide useful insights about customer choices on a particular product or service.
- Comes with a colorful and easy to manage marketing dashboard.
- Focuses on insight reviews rather than report generation, which saves time for the user.
- Easily integrable with nearly 50 different types of data management platforms.
- The best tool for defining social media marketing KPIs
- Some bugs are hard to troubleshoot on your own.
- Insights page may display too much information at one time.
- It requires a lot of querying and manual processes to work with data pulled by Supermetrics.
- Supermetrics provides a relatively low quality of customer support. The G2 rating for the company's quality of support is 7.6 out of 10. Supermetrics' competitors have a minimum rating of 9.2.
There are multiple pricing plans available to users for this product. The plan for google sheets starts from $69 while for the data studio plan starts from $19 on a monthly basis. Incorporating enhanced functionality may cost users some extra bucks.
Alooma is another Marketing ETL tool. Alooma provides various end-user utilities, including live data streaming display on the center and a coding bar on the right.
The default menu buttons allow users to perform the most useful tasks, including changing the settings and viewing the dashboard.
Alooma is for companies looking to migrate their data on to the cloud after cleansing or normalizing it for efficient retrieval of records.
The software uses state of the art technology to integrate and transform data so that it is user-friendly.
- The software works well with multiple data sources.
- One window operation for managers to analyze and manipulate all data sources.
- Allows easy replication of popular databases available in the market.
- Real-time monitoring of any issues in the database.
- Automatically detects the schema of a database.
- GUI is a little advanced for first-time users.
- Debugging module is less friendly than other software available in the market.
Alooma pricing is tiered, based on usage and the sensitivity of the data being collected. The lowest package starts at $20 and can go up as the level of sophistication and data usage increase.
Some things that can affect the pricing plan include the level of software platform access, connectivity requirements for data transfer along with security and compliance.
5. Apache Nifi
Apache is one of the fastest and most secure marketing ETL tools available in the market today.
Built on open source technology, Apache has been modified over time to provide seamless data integration and manipulation experience for its users. ApacheNifi is a highly configurable program and allows users to make appropriate changes as and when desired.
- Data streaming from an external database is quick, convenient and easy.
- Data migration status displayed on the screen.
- The software can accumulate information from social media pages like facebook and twitter.
- Visual interface quite useful in manipulating and analyzing data.
- Users take some time to get accustomed to the open source interface.
- Open source technology means new plugins are being introduced every day.
Online vendors provide Apache Nifi services on per hour basis. Depending on the size of the organization and amount of data, this software as a service can cost anywhere from $0.273 per hour to nearly $6 per hour.
Starfish is another great ETL marketing tool, specifically because of its customer insight capabilities.
Starfish helps companies enhance their customer targeting by accumulating data from their CRM to gain insights about their customers. The system extracts sales and other customer data from the CRM module and then links that data to support functions including finance and operations.
The Starfish dashboard is easy to use and helps users generate useful reports for running effective marketing campaigns and launching new products.
The software is quite useful for companies that depend heavily on customer feedback. Information from customer-centric social media pages like Facebook and Twitter is relayed on to Starfish ETL system, which is then used to develop new product strategies.
- Easy to use and simple to understand.
- Flexible and robust system, easily integrable with any database.
- A dedicated team of support professionals to resolve user queries.
- User feedback is taken in to account to make improvements in the software.
- The system is not efficient enough for a large migration of data.
The Starfish software is priced based on cloud and online migration services. Cloud migration starts from $495 per month while on migration pricing plan starts at $1495 per month. There are dedicated pricing plans available for CRM integration as well. These are based on the size of the organization and can go up to $1000 a month.
Jasper is a robust business intelligence solution. This ETL marketing tool can easily integrate with some of standard data management systems including Hadoop, Google Analytics, and Cassandra.
Jasper can be acquired as software as a service (SAAS) as well. This means that the tool is hosted on the cloud and users can perform all their data manipulation operations without deploying it on site. This makes Jasper one of the most affordable ETL marketing solutions in the market, costing nearly $1 per hour on AWS.
Jasper comes with multiple predefined reports that are viewed when required. The software engineers at Jasper soft have also introduced a smartphone app that allows users to keep a check on their data from anywhere at any time.
- Great web interface with dynamic and colorful reports.
- Can connect with non-standardized SQL data sources as well.
- Various diagnostic resources available for quick fixes in the software.
- Helpful customer support staff.
- Knowledge of XML required for adding customization to the tool.
- Frequently used as a SAAS which may require high bandwidth.
- Does not contain predictive analytics tools.
8. Relational Junction
This ETL marketing tool is one of the best when it comes to ease of use and bandwidth efficiency. Relational junction uses classic SQL based data retrieval architecture to make the ETL process quick convenient and easy. The system can access multiple types of data platform based on different platforms including XML, Google Analytics and other online databases.
The Relational junction’s JDBC interface allows it to easily communicate with on-premises, cloud as well as unstructured databases.
- Easy to install and deploy on-site or on to the cloud.
- Support staff quite helpful in resolving queries.
- Quite configurable and easy to sync with databases like salesforce.
- The front page is very simple and lags some useful but complex tools.
Parabola is one of the most interactive ETL marketing tools available in the market today. The user interface on the front page is straightforward to use. It allows users to drag and drop different databases from a sales force database to an excel file to a drawing board.
Once all the different data resources are available on screen, they can be linked together to form a database schema. This is then used by the administrator to gain useful insights into many different business elements including sales performance and business excellence.
- One of the best technical support teams in the market.
- Front page display makes sophisticated data extraction look easy.
- Easy to understand for users with minimal data analytics experience.
- No need to hire a dedicated resource to operate this tool.
- Allows users to prepare complex reports in no time.
- Some attractive features missing including a live streaming display.
Parabola is one of the cheapest options available in the market today. The software provider offers a free plan as well which includes a dedicated link to a single data resource of the client’s choice. Premium packages start from $9 a month. The price may vary based on the size of the organization, the number of rows being analyzed, and the frequency of data migration.
This software comes with some of the best integration and data management utilities available in the market today.
Talend is an ETL marketing tool famous for its versatility of use. It is able to interface with some of most renowned cloud service providers including Amazon’s AWS, Google cloud, and Microsoft Azure. The company works with industry leaders in many different sectors and provides cutting-edge software technology for data integration, big data access, and data enrichment.
- The software can work with different formats including XML, JSON, and CSV.
- Can easily connect to databases on different platforms.
- JAVA technology allows users to integrate multiple scripts from libraries around the world.
- High level of customization may require expertise in JAVA.
Talend has different pricing models including an open source one which is available to users all over the world for free. The service fee can go up to nearly $1000 a month and can be hosted on local premises or on the cloud.
One of the most cohesive analytics software available in the market today, Domo gathers data from multiple resources and platforms, providing users with a friendly interface to make sense out of that data. Using this ETL marketing tool, businesses can create a user-friendly interface amongst multiple parts of their organization from vendors to staff to clients.
This software can be completely hosted on the cloud and operated conveniently from a smartphone device.
- Does not require a lot of bandwidth for data transmission.
- Used by some of the most powerful brands including DHL and National Geographic.
- A complete operating system for helping companies in making real-time decisions.
- Uses machine learning to make smart decisions for the business.
- Primarily designed for corporate users, individual users can be overwhelmed with a lot of options in the software.
- Managing datasets can sometimes be complicated.
This data management operating system comes with a couple of pricing options for professionals and enterprises. The two plans vary based on the amount of storage required by the company. Users can go opt for a free trial of the software before making their selection.
12. Marketing Cloud Intelligence (ex. Datorama)
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Intelligence, formerly known as Datorama, is an ETL marketing tool that employs a holistic approach for accumulating a company’s marketing data, pulling from multiple resources to help you run effective sales and business development campaigns.
One of the most essential features of this software is its AI framework, which performs complex calculations using a large amount of data to help businesses in acquiring new customers and retaining their existing ones. The three main engines of the software include data integration, activation, and insights.
- Extensive report options on software dashboard.
- A centralized system for integrating multiple modules including CRM and digital advertising.
- Easy to use interface for platform integration and data analysis.
- Real-time automation through artificial intelligence.
- Some users prefer to pay per client rather pay per user pricing plan.
- Software configuration can be tricky for first-time users.
Using data from nearly 405 different resources, Funnel.io‘s ETL marketing tool can provide seamless integration between all of your marketing and advertising channels.
Once the data has been collected, it is cleaned in the most effective manner and finally transformed into normalized tables. The information is then used by business executives to make important business decisions based on facts and figures.
- Helps in controlling advertisement expenses.
- Data can be easily exported into excel reports for further analysis.
- The customer support team is quite effective in resolving various types of client queries.
- Can integrate with multiple ad platforms making data collection quick, convenient and easy.
- Users of the software suggest that migration process should run more frequently for data updates.
- API changes in other channels are not updated in the software directly.
Funnel.io services are offered based on the scale of use. Multiple packages are offered by the company starting from a standard $299 per month to Enterprise level solutions which are customized per the client’s requirement.
ETL marketing tools are the need of the hour for any organization that wants to make a substantial impact in the 21st century. The cutting-edge data transformation and migration tools allow users to interconnect many different platforms including social media web pages, data sheets, and end-user computers.
Companies need to make the best use of data to gain a competitive edge in the online and local market. This helps with understanding the needs and wants of their customer. While deploying an ETL marketing tool at your organization, its important that you do a good amount of homework to select the option that is the best for your specific needs.
Learn about Best Dashboard Software