Over here at Improvado.io, we’re pretty excited about this news. It means that people are taking marketing data seriously.
Improvado.io and Datorama both solve the same pain point for marketers- helping them collect all their data into one place.
Why Salesforce Acquired Datorama
Right now, MILLIONS of sales people log into Salesforce everyday. They use Salesforce to manage their customer relationships. They can view everything from contacts, accounts, opportunities and revenue.
Salesforce wants to own marketing people too.
The Salesforce acquisition of Datorama gives Salesforce the tools to capture the attention of marketers who are struggling to aggregate all their data into one place.
Why Gathering Marketing Data Sucks Right Now
Gathering marketing data is a tedious and manual process.
Everyday, marketers are spending MILLIONS of dollars running ads across thousands of different marketing platforms, like Facebook, Adwords, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, Outbrain-- just to name a few.
It can take over 20 hours a week for a marketing team to collect performance data across all these and report on it internally. And if you’re at an agency with many clients--forget about it. It’s pretty miserable.
At Improvado.io, we are a team of marketers who built a tool just for marketers, to solve this exact problem.
Why We Love This News
We believe that marketers should be spending their time efficiently.
They should have the brainspace to be strategic, think long-term, optimize campaigns, test new ones, and be creative.
Marketers should not be spending their time building manual reports and dashboards in spreadsheets.
With Improvado.io, all your marketing data automatically appears in one place, in real time. So you never have to waste time building manual reports again.
The Salesforce acquisition of Datorama helps to shine a spotlight on marketing teams that are currently struggling with data overload.
Luckily, there is a solution.
How Are Datorama and Improvado.io Different?
Here’s a quick overview of both Improvado.io and Datorama:
What is improvado.io?
Improvado.io is a tool built by marketers, for marketers to get all their data into one place, in real-time, with automated dashboards and reports.
Who should use improvado.io?
Since the platform is specifically focused on the marketing dilemma, it will connect to absolutely any marketing platform you need. Plus, the integrations run deep, pulling in granular data from the keyword and ad level, so that you can see the complete picture.
The platform is extremely simple and intuitive, so you won't need any developers to help you implement it or make changes.
The biggest benefit I see for improvado.io is that their customer service reps are included in every package and are highly attentive. They'll help you build out custom dashboards and integrations to ensure that you're visualizing your data in exactly the way you need it.
You can choose to view your data inside the improvado.io dashboard or you have the freedom to extract your data and download it, send it to a data warehouse, or visualize it in the BI tool of your choice, like Tableau or Looker.
- Full support with a customer service rep included
- Marketing integrations are deep and granular, so you can see data at the keyword or ad level
- Ability to create custom metrics and map data across platforms
- Great for ad agencies managing campaigns for multiple clients or in-house marketers who manage campaigns across multiple platforms
- Aggregate all your marketing data into one place, in real time.
- Reduce manual reporting time by 90%.
- No developers needed.
- Plug and play
- Completely customizable and will build out any custom integration
- Some of the more granular features can be a bit complicated, but support is great about walking users through them.
- In order to get your dashboards and reports visualized in exactly the way you want, there may be some initial back and forth with your customer support rep.
Improvado.io does custom pricing for its platform. If you set up a call with them, they will assess your needs and share pricing details.
80+ Integrations with plans to grow to 500 integrations by the end of 2018. They will build out custom integrations for any data source you need.
Request a demo now and get 1 month free.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is an analytics and business intelligence platform that aims to helps marketers unify their data across platforms into a single source of truth.
Who should use Datorama?
Highly technical marketing teams or teams with engineering resources. You will need to know SQL in order to use Datorama effectively.
They do focus specifically on the marketing dilemma, and they claim to have every integration possible (even ones that don't offer API connections, which is questionable?). The biggest challenge I see with Datorama is that the software is very technical and complex. Often teams need to hire an implementation engineer that knows the Datorama coding language, just to get it set up properly or to make any changes.
However, once you do have it set up properly, the tool is pretty powerful. Datorama may be too expensive for some companies, especially given the fact that you'll need to upgrade to a premium level if you want access to a customer service rep.
- Claim to have 400 marketing integrations (*but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site)
- Powerful visualization capability
- Steep learning curve as the platform is not very intuitive
- Difficult to set up new campaigns or make changes without an implementation engineer
- You can only view your data through the Datorama dashboard, you can't export it, save it as a file, or view it on the BI tool of your choice.
- Customers are charged by the number of lines of data, which can be very cost prohibitive if you have numerous campaigns running.
- Naming conventions are confusing. Some metrics are named very differently from how they appear in the source.
- Access to a customer service rep is an up-charge.
Datorama charges customers based on lines of data. If users have several campaigns running, this can get rather expensive.
They claim to have 400 marketing integrations, but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site.
If you are part of a marketing team or agency that wastes dozens of hours every week creating reports, there is a solution for you.