Klipfolio Alternatives and Competitors
If you’re looking into Klipfolio and its alternatives, you’re most likely spending 30 or 40 hours every week aggregating data from Adwords, Facebook, and other platforms. All of that data aggregation across so many platforms can often be a daunting nightmare.
Fortunately, an array of different tools are now available to help automate the data aggregation process, as well as reporting.
Companies like Klipfolio are making it easier for marketers to integrate all of their data, in real time, in one place.
Klipfolio may have some disadvantages compared to its alternatives and competitors. Keep reading to see a detailed comparison between leading platforms: Klipfolio, Improvado, Domo, Funnel.io, Datorama, and Supermetrics.
What is Improvado?
Improvado is a tool built by marketers, for marketers to get all their data into one place, in real-time, with automated dashboards and reports.
Who should use Improvado?
Improvado is best for marketing and analytics leaders who are looking to collect data from all their marketing platforms in one place. You can choose to view your data inside the Improvado dashboard or pipe it into a data warehouse or visualization tool of your choice like Tableau, Looker, Excel etc. Brands, agencies and universities all love using Improvado because it has saved them thousands of hours of manual reporting time and millions of dollars in wasted marketing spend.
The integrations run deep, pulling in granular data from the keyword and ad level, to allow you to see the complete picture and even view ad creatives from within your dashboard. This simple and intuitive platform eliminates the need for developers to help you implement it or make changes (You don’t need to know SQL like you do for other platforms).
Improvado provides customer service reps included in every package who are highly attentive. A representative will work with you to customize dashboards and integrations to ensure that you're visualizing the data in exactly the way you need it.
- Full support with a customer service rep included
- Marketing integrations are deep and granular, so you can see data at the keyword or ad level
- Ability to create custom metrics and map data across platforms
- Great for brands managing spend across multiple digital marketing channels
- Great for ad agencies managing campaigns for multiple clients
- View ad creatives from within your dashboard -- This feature is super helpful and I have not seen it offered anywhere else!
- Aggregate all your marketing data into one place, in real time.
- Reduce manual reporting time by 90%.
- No developers needed.
- Plug and play
- Completely customizable and will build out any custom integration
- Some of the more granular features can be a bit complicated, but support is great about walking users through them.
- In order to get your dashboards and reports visualized in exactly the way you want, there may be some initial back and forth with your customer support rep.
Improvado is customized for its users. The best way to customize the platform to your specific needs and receive pricing details is to set up a call with them.
Improvado has 150+ integrations and growing. Don’t see the integration you need? They will build out custom integrations for any data source you request.
Request a demo today and get 1 month free.
What is Klipfolio?
Klipfolio is a cloud-based business intelligence solution that lets users connect a variety of data sources to create stunning data visualizations and make data-driven decisions. Marketers can visualize their data with the company’s PowerMetricks, which offers single-click visualizations and data exploration.
Who should use Klipfolio?
The BI tool is designed for those with no data warehousing experience or IT knowledge, providing a library of pre-built visualizations, dashboards, and reports. Courses and live support are offered to help users as well. Even with the support, however, Klipfolio is known particularly for having a learning curve.
- Integrates with more than 100 integrates with 145 tools
- Customization, including data sources, dashboards, and visualizations
- Library of pre-built visualizations and dashboards
- Steep learning curve to fully utilize the many features
- Dashboard and reports can sometimes take a while to load
- Technical knowledge may be needed for beyond pre-built options
Klipfolio provides several different plans for businesses and agencies. The company also offers an option of choosing an annual plan and get the first 3 months free.
Klipfolio has 100+ integrations. See all integrations here.
What is Domo?
Domo is a cloud-based BI software tool specializing in aggregating data and creating data visualizations.
Who should use Domo?
Domo is a BI software best for enterprise companies, as it’s a non-marketing specific, company-wide solution that creates executive-level dashboards. For specifically marketing data, the platform lacks a bit of what other tools, such as Improvado and Klipfolio, offer in terms of aggregation and visualization.
- Provides over 500 data connectors across the company, including marketing, operations, IT, Human Resources, and Finance
- Can view data in real-time in one dashboard
- IT department isn’t needed to implement the software
- Can only view data on the dashboard, no ability to export it and view it elsewhere
- Professional services needed to get the reports up and running initially
- Additional professional service fees associated with on-boarding and training
- No database provided
- Not focused specifically on marketing, so marketing integrations are limited
- Once your data is in Domo, they own it. If you stop working with them, you lose that data.
- Can be cost prohibitive for many businesses
- Lack of improvement
Domo offers more than 50 marketing integrations. See all marketing integrations here.
Pricing for Domo is based on an annual subscription and you will need to contact the company for details. A 30-day free trial is offered.
What is Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is a data aggregation tool for marketing analytics that is able to integrate with a wide variety of advertising and marketing platforms.
Who should use Funnel.io?
Funnel.io is good for early-stage companies and small business owners because the platform can be used on a monthly basis. Users are charged based on their ad spend. While at the beginning this is great, the cost to use Funnel.io increases as the company grows, while the integration depth remains limited. While the Funnel.io boasts that it features 395 data source connections, those integrations aren’t typically as granular as a marketer may need.
The main draw of Funnel.io is that the analytics platform is self-serve and basic. This can also be a drawback, however, if you need help from a customer success manager, which isn’t included with the basic price level.
- 395 data source integrations
- Large amount of flexibility with visualization widgets, with many chart and graph options
- Can export data
- Steep learning curve for creating/using data transformations
- No direct Tableau integration. Data has to be uploaded to a data warehouse first.
- Difficult to pull granular data, such as ad set level for Facebook or information about Sessions and Users from Google Analytics.
- No reporting for attribution
- Users can’t create custom metrics.
- Difficult to add multiple accounts to one report. For example, If you’re an ad agency and want to view multiple Facebook Ad accounts in a single report, you may run into some issues doing so.
- No control over when API updates for channels
- Some difficulties for users with matching sources to dimensions.
Pricing for Funneli.io is charged on a month-to-month basis, starting with the Standard plan at $299/month. There is an additional fee every month for each additional destination you connect your data to, which can add up quickly.
The company claims to have 395 data sources. View the complete list of Funnel.io integrations here.
What is Datorama?
Datorama is a business intelligence and analytics platforms with a goal of helping marketers bring their data from multiple platforms into a single destination.
Who should use Datorama?
Datorama is best for teams with engineering resources or highly technical marketing teams as SQL knowledge is needed to effectively use the software.
While the software is complex and technical, there is a specific focus on the marketing dilemma and the company claims to feature every possible integration, including some that don’t offer API connections (which can be seen as questionable).
An implementation engineer familiar with the coding language of Datorama is needed to get the software set up properly due to the difficulty of use. However, once it’s set up, Datorama is a powerful tool.
The BI tool may be too expensive for some businesses and customer service representative are only available to customers on the premium level.
- Powerful visualization capabilities
- Claims to have 400 marketing integrations (*but it's impossible to find a list anywhere on their site)
- Steep learning curve due to being time consuming and not very intuitive
- Users can only view data through the Datorama dashboard. There’s no ability to export it, save it as a file, or view it in any other BI tool.
- Users are charged by lines of data, which can be very cost prohibitive if running numerous campaigns.
- Difficulty with setting up new campaigns or making changes without assistance from an implementation engineer
- Confusing naming conventions
- Up charge for access to a customer service rep
- Separate service needed for database solution
- Comparison across channels is limited and sometimes tricky
Pricing is based on lines of data. If you have multiple campaigns running, this can get fairly expensive.
Datorama boasts it has 400 marketing integrations, but there’s no list available on their website.
What is Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is a rather simple and basic data extraction platform that helps marketers pull analytics, PPC, SEO, and social data into a single place for analysis and reporting.
Who should use Supermetrics?
Supermetrics is best for startups that primarily use Google Analytics, Adwords, and Facebook. The platform basically only pulls data from its limited list of integrations into either Google Data Studio or Google Sheets.
- It’s a good tool for extracting granular data from Google Analytics, Adwords, and Facebook.
- Cheapest option
- Initial setup can have its difficulties.
- They have had problems with data accuracy.
- No data transformation capabilities
- Data transformations aren’t offered. Data can’t be mapped together across platforms.
- No data visualizations offered.
- Pricing starts at only $19/month, but product offering is fairly rudimentary.
- Lacking many of the integrations with BI tools that competitors offer. Data can only be sent to Google Data Studio or Google Sheets
- Limited rows of data with Google Sheet available so you may get capped out if exporting too many lines of data
- On top of the Google Sheets, users have to run their own queries
- They have 40+ integrations, but most are very basic with no access to more granular data
- No database solution is offered.
Supermetrics is the cheapest solution by a mile, starting at $19/month, however, their product offering is quite rudimentary.
There are several plans available that vary based on where you plan to send your data. The cost for Supermetrics can add up fairly quickly if add-ons need to be purchased.
The company has more than 40 integrations. You can view the complete list of Supermetrics integrations here.
If you’re looking for a business intelligence solution to aggregate all of your data into a single platform and create stunning data visualizations, be sure to carefully review this list, comparing Klipfolio, Improvado, Domo, Datorama, Funnel.io, and Supermetrics. From integrations to ease of use to customization, there’s plenty to consider.