If you’re trying to hold all the moving parts of a growing marketing agency together with various tools and in-house processes, it’s only a matter of time before it all comes crashing down.
Agency management software is your missing link. This software gathers all of your workflows and streamlines them using one interface. It just plain works. Digital marketing software brought in approximately $65.9 billion through mobile ads.
In this article, I’m going to introduce you to some of the best agency management software (for marketing agencies) to help you seamlessly scale and take your marketing agency to the next level—and identify where you can save costs.
What is agency management software?
Agency management software is an all-in-one workflow management solution for agencies. It makes every aspect of running and managing an agency business easy, streamlined, and scalable.
Good software helps teams of any size work together to achieve their goals while managing their costs and time spent.
On the front end, reports should be easy to pull and interpret. Allowing management to analyze performance and find areas to save time and money going forward.
Best Agency Management Software (For Marketing Agencies)
Mavenlink provides a powerful suite of tools that’ll help an agency of any size streamline their processes.
The core features are:
- Resource Management
- Project Management
- Team Collaboration
- Project Accounting, and
- Business Intelligence
One of the first things you notice when using Mavenlink is how well they use visuals and colors, such as charts, graphs, and large icons.
This makes it easy to navigate the software and interpret reports at a glance. Every aspect of their interface is easy to use.
- Extensive suite of tools that all work seamlessly together
- Excellent use of visual charts and detailed reporting features
- Is perfectly capable of handling huge teams and workloads
- One of the more expensive agency management tools on the market
- Steep learning curve on first use
Plans start at $39 per month per user for their Professional Plan and $19 per month for 5 users on their Teams Plan. It’s not the least expensive tool on the market. But they do offer a free trial, so I recommend testing Mavenlink before committing to a plan.
Monday is one of the most popular management tools utilized by agencies of all types and sizes. It doesn’t go as deep as some of the other management tools, but for what it lacks in advanced features, it makes up for by being incredibly easy to use and affordable.
If you have a small to medium-sized agency looking for a solution to bring your entire team and workflow processes together where you can track time, progress, dependencies, set notifications, and more - you should take a trial on Monday.
- Simple and intuitive to use for any number of users
- Can build custom dashboards to layout your workflow how you want to see it
- Track progress at a glance with clear visuals
- Large agencies with complex need more than it can offer
Their Basic Plan is just $25 per month for 5 users with plans going all the way up to $188 per month to unlock all their features for unlimited users.
Scoro is a cloud-based management software that’s targeted at small to medium-sized businesses in marketing, advertising, and consulting sectors.
Everything is driven by the main control hub. From here, you can schedule and track workflows with your team, carry out customer relations, quote and bill for work, run reports, track KPIs, and loads more.
They have a mobile app for iOS and Android too, so you can have all this data at your fingertips in real time. A nice feature that not every software can boast.
- Designed with marketing and advertising agencies in mind
- A beautifully designed interface that’s intuitive and easy to use
- Mobile app so you can access data on the move
- There is less expensive software that has the same tools
After a free trial period, plans start at $26 per month, per user, with an onboarding fee of $899. Their highest plan is $61 per month, per user.
ProofHub is essentially a step up from Monday. It comes in at a slightly higher price point and has some extra features to boot.
It feels more robust than Monday, and there are more tools to help integrate your clients into the workflow. You have complete control over who can see what data, all the way down to restricting IP addresses.
It’s perfect for marketing agencies. There’s everything you’d possibly need to manage all your workflows while keeping internal and external people in the loop with real-time updates and clear communication.
- You can add freelancers and other external contacts to projects
- Loads of customization options to create your own look and feel
- Simple, clean interface
- Limited features on their Essential Plan
- Not ideal for large agencies with complex workflow requirements
ProofHub has two different pricing plans; Essential, which is $50 per month for 40 projects, and Ultimate Control which is $99 per month for unlimited projects and their complete suite of features.
When recommending the best agency management software, I have to take into account a few things, and the cost is one of them.
AgencyHub is by no means the most powerful or complete software out there. But it’s one of the few that is free to use, and the free to use plan will suit a small marketing agency.
You and your team can see a single-page summary for each project you’re managing. You can set up notifications, assign tasks, bring your customers, partners, and vendors into one workflow, and more.
It’s a basic tool, but it’s robust and does everything well.
- The free plan is enough for a small agency
- You can bring external parties into a workflow
- It’s great for keeping all members of your team up-to-date on project progress
- There are limited features and I can see agencies outgrowing it
- Limited support is available, which is to be expected if you’re on a free plan
Their free plan allows up to 15 internal users and 50 MB of storage. Their paid plan costs $2,995 per year, unlocking 20 users, unlimited projects, and 100 GB of storage.
Brightpod is a web-based management software for marketing agencies and other creative teams. Their focus was to create a software that’s bright, hence the name, and easy for teams of any size to use.
The interface gives you an excellent overview of your projects in progress. You can keep up-to-date in real time, either through the main interface or their mobile app. There are loads of tracking features, some social media and blogging tools, and more.
- Clean and clear interface that’s a joy to use
- Long list of features ticking all the boxes for what you want from management software
- Affordable pricing
- If it’s within your budget there are very few cons worth mentioning
Plans start at $29 per month for 5 users, topping out at $199 per month for unlimited users and access to all their features. There’s a 14-day free trial, so anyone on the fence can put Brightpod to the test.
Workamajig is a cloud-based management software designed for marketing agencies, advertising teams, and other creative agencies.
Creating tasks, assigning them to the right people, notifying others when their input is needed, making sure projects are on time, and all other aspects of project management are easily managed and measured using Workamajig.
They have a lot of features tailored to agencies. Such as lead qualifying, tracking communications with clients, and other CRM features. It’s easy to see how you could improve your ROI by leveraging some of the features built into this software.
- Wide range of tools tailored for agencies of all sizes
- Excellent reporting features
- Phone and email support
- Can be difficult for people not experienced in using similar software applications
Workamajig’s pricing structure gets lower the more users you add to a plan. Their Entry Level plan is $50 per month for 5 users, Agencies $38 for 10 users, Mid-Sized Agencies $34 for 50 users, and their Larger Agencies plan is $32 per month for 100 users or more.
RoboHead has been, “Designed specifically for in-house marketing and creative teams.” This software is an all-in-one solution that’ll help your team focus their time and energy on the important tasks at hand, and allow you to manage time and costs on the backend.
This software has a good deal of bespoke options for internal and external use. Such as allowing each user to create their own custom dashboard and take control of their own metrics and reporting. As well as creating bespoke briefs for clients.
- Helpful onboarding and training processes and 24/7 support available 365 days a year
- RoboHead will create a customized demonstration based on your existing processes to show you how they can improve your workflow
- Well-designed interface and interactive visuals
- There are no set pricing plans
RoboHead encourages taking a free trial, after which they will create a custom pricing plan based on your individual needs.
Looking for more information on growing your agency and the tools to do it? Visit our blog for the latest updates and tips!