Switch Connection is a feature that allows you to transfer the extraction orders from one data source connection to another within one workspace.
Note: Before transferring extraction orders to another connection, you should perform a feasibility check to ensure that there are required accounts on the selected connection.
To initiate the transfer process, follow these steps:
- Select the extraction orders you want to update and click the Transfer to button.
Note: If you have more extraction orders on multiple pages, navigate to the next pages to select additional items for transfer.
- After list of available connections will appear. Select the connection that suits your needs.
Consider the following:
- Invalid Connections: Any connections with authentication error will be marked as invalid and won't be available for selection.
- All active connections are compatible for extraction order transfer.
- Click the Transfer N orders button to continue (where N represents the number of orders selected).
The transfer process can have three possible outcomes:
- All selected extraction orders are successfully transferred.
- Required accounts for these orders are active and available on the new connection.
- All settings in extraction orders are saved (including the custom settings and schedulings)
- Regular data extraction will start automatically, not historical data extraction!
- For paused extraction orders transfer:
- ~If the pause was manually configured, the extraction order will not start automatically after the transfer.
- ~if the order was paused automatically by Improvado's internal algorithm, it will start after the transfer is complete.
- Orders in syncing status will have ongoing sync canceled, and a new sync will begin on the new connection.
- Some orders were transferred successfully, but others were skipped due to the absence of active corresponding accounts on the new connection.
- Successfully transferred orders retain their settings.
- Regular data extraction proceeds as intended.
- Rarely, the transfer may fail completely.
- A reason is the absence of active corresponding accounts on the new connection.
- Verify account availability on the other connections.
In case of any issues, please reach out to our support team via the Improvado Service Desk.