Who should use Knime?
The platform is designed primarily for data scientists and features advanced machine learning and predictive algorithms, workflow control, statistical functions, and more. Knime can be integrated with many different data science tools, such as H2O, Hadoop, Python, and R.
- Visual user interface that doesn’t require programming knowledge
- Connect nodes by drag-and-dropping
- Open source platform
- 100+ modules
- Community continuously develops Nodes
- Can run rather slow, particularly when more extensions and nodes are installed
- Nodes are not as customizable as Python/R libraries, though for that Python/R node can be used
- There can be a steep learning curve for users who haven’t used a similar tool
Knime is an open source platform.