Josh James founded Domo iJosh James founded Domo in 2010 after selling Omniture in 2009 to Adobe. The company provides business analytics and insights from data pulled from a wide variety of sources into a single destination. While headquartered in Utah, Domo has recently raised funding more as if it were a company in the Silicon Valley, raising more than £565 million so far.
n 2010 after selling Omniture in 2009 to Adobe. The company provides business analytics and insights from data pulled from a wide variety of sources into a single destination. While headquartered in Utah, Domo has recently raised funding more as if it were a company in the Silicon Valley, raising more than £565 million so far.
In 2016, Domo had approximately 1,200 customers, which increased to more than 1,500 the following year. These customers include many of the leading brands of the world across several industries, including finance, manufacturing, entertainment and media, and retail.
What is Domo?
Domo is a non-marketing specific business intelligence and data visualization software that is designed to be used company-wide. The cloud-based software integrates with many different data sources, providing both a macro-level and micro-level look at data and analysis, as well as interactive visualization.
Who should use Domo?
Domo is good for enterprise companies, as the software can be used across the company to create executive level dashboards. The platform is focused on business data in general, not just marketing. This means Domo has a vast capacity when it comes to company-wide business intelligence.
The BI tool may not be the best choice for data aggregation and visualization for marketing data specifically, and the marketing integrations available are limited with data connectors not running very deep. Domo may be a bit too expensive for companies who are looking for a platform for only the needs of the marketing team.
- Ability to view real-time data in a single dashboard
- Boasts 450+ data connectors across Marketing, Finance, Sales, IT, Operations, and HR
- IT department isn’t needed with implementation
- Not specifically focused on marketing, so marketing integrations are limited
- If you stop working with Domo, you lose the data in the platform
- Database isn’t provided
- Cost prohibitive for numerous businesses
- Professional services required to get initial reports up and running
- Additional professional service fees for platform onboarding and training
- Can only view data on the Domo dashboard
Domo charges users by an annual subscription, which varies depending on the number of users that need access. The company does offer a 30-day free trial
Domo Marketing Integrations
Domo offers over 50 marketing integrations. See all of the integrations here.
What is Improvado?
Improvado is a tool built by marketers, for marketers to get all their data into one place, in real-time, with automated dashboards and reports.
Who should use Improvado?
Improvado is best for marketing and analytics leaders who are looking to collect data from all their marketing platforms in one place. You can choose to view your data inside the Improvado dashboard or pipe it into a data warehouse or visualization tool of your choice like Tableau, Looker, Excel etc. Brands, agencies and universities all love using Improvado because it has saved them thousands of hours of manual reporting time and millions of dollars in wasted marketing spend.
The integrations run deep, pulling in granular data from the keyword and ad level, to allow you to see the complete picture and even view ad creatives from within your dashboard. This simple and intuitive platform eliminates the need for developers to help you implement it or make changes (You don’t need to know SQL like you do for other platforms).
Improvado provides customer service reps included in every package who are highly attentive. A representative will work with you to customize dashboards and integrations to ensure that you're visualizing the data in exactly the way you need it.
- Full support with a customer service rep included
- Marketing integrations are deep and granular, so you can see data at the keyword or ad level
- Ability to create custom metrics and map data across platforms
- Great for brands managing spend across multiple digital marketing channels
- Great for ad agencies managing campaigns for multiple clients
- View ad creatives from within your dashboard -- This feature is super helpful and I have not seen it offered anywhere else!
- Aggregate all your marketing data into one place, in real time.
- Reduce manual reporting time by 90%.
- No developers needed.
- Plug and play
- Completely customizable and will build out any custom integration
- Some of the more granular features can be a bit complicated, but support is great about walking users through them.
- In order to get your dashboards and reports visualized in exactly the way you want, there may be some initial back and forth with your customer support rep.
Improvado has 150+ integrations and growing. Don’t see the integration you need? They will build out custom integrations for any data source you request.
What is AdStage?
AdStage is a self-serve automation and reporting tool that helps marketers measure the performance of their marketing and advertising campaigns The platform aggregates all campaign data into a single place for quick data visualization, reporting, analyzing, and optimization of ad performance.
Who should use AdStage?
AdStage is best for marketers or agencies managing multiple paid ad campaigns on a daily basis across many different platforms, such as AdWords, Facebook, and Twitter. The platform is able to bring all of your advertising data from these sources into one place, making it easier to optimize ads.
- Simple and clean dashboard
- Helpful customer support
- Can use folders to organize similar campaigns
- No ability to create custom classifications
- Sources may need to be occasionally reconnected
- Lacking many additional features offered by competitors
- Some platform areas aren’t very intuitive
AdStage begins its pricing at a little over £120 per month for its Starter plan. The company does a 14-day free trial as well.
You can view all of the AdStage integrations here.
What is Looker?
Looker is BI and data visualization tool that capitalizes on the fastest and most recent analytic databases to provide marketers with real-time results. The software enables users to easily create and customize an array of interactive data visualizations from a variety of charts and graphs.
Who should use Looker?
The business intelligence platform is best for teams and any marketer looking for a BI tool that’s very intuitive, but also provides abundant data insights presented in a visually appealing way.
- Very intuitive
- Options for custom install
- Integrates with many big data platforms and databases
- Large dashboards can take awhile to load
- With simplicity comes lack of flexibility
- Getting your marketing data into Looker is a very manual process without an external tool
Looker charges customers on a custom basis, so you will need to contact the company for a price quote.
Looker provides more than 50 data sources. You can view all of the data sources here.
What is Sisense?
Sisense is a BI software tool for data transformation, turning data into visual interactive reports. The platform’s visualization capabilities allows users to easily create charts, dashboards and other data visualizations through its drag-and-drop feature, as well as mash up multiple data sources.
Who should use Sisense?
Sisense is best for companies looking for complete visibility into their data with minimal IT assistance. The business intelligence tool helps companies gain actionable insights that lead to data-driven and informed business decisions.
- Easy to use drag-and-drop dashboard
- Aggregates data from multiple data sources
- Wide variety of widgets, such as graphs, gauges, and charts
- Lacks some dashboard flexibility
- Drag-and-drop dashboard doesn’t offer as much customization
- Sometimes images don’t look as good after exporting
- Limitations with data sorting
- Learning curve with some features
Pricing for Sisense is custom based to business needs. You will need to contact the company for a quote.
Sisense offers over 100 data connectors. See the full list of connectors here.
772 East Utah Valley Drive
American Fork, UT 84003
1-5-8 Jingumae , Shibuya-ku
Jingumae Tower Building 14F