What is Redshift?
Amazon Redshift is a data warehouse and a part of the popular Amazon Web Services. This data analysis tool is perfect for storing your data. The platform is an analytical, fully-managed data warehouse that is capable of handling petabyte-scale data and enables analysts to run queries from it within seconds. Redshift offers limitless scalability on Amazon’s architecture, with no up-front costs.
Redshift is a cost-effective tool for data warehousing, analyzing nearly any data type using standard SQL. The Amazon Web Services platform allows you to automate the majority of common administrative tasks to monitor, manage, and scale your data warehouse. Redshift continuously monitors the health of the cluster, and automatically re-replicates data from failed drives and replaces nodes when needed.
- Redshift keeps all of our data together for analytics
- Allows users to store our large datasets in easily accessible databases.
- Redshift clusters are quick and easy to deploy.
- Some of the data analytics are difficult based on the size and clarity of data.
- Optimizing databases can be difficult at times.
- Because it is its own database with it's own syntax you can't 100% use postgres syntax or plug-ins directly.
- Doesn't have many options for desktop clients
Pricing for Amazon Redshift starts from $0.25 per hour for one Redshift instance, up to $1,000 per terabyte per year for larger deployments.
The Best Alternative
What is Improvado?
Improvado collects all your marketing data into one place. It syncs into every marketing platform you use, and gathers the data into the Improvado platform or sends it straight to your BI tools, with no dev help needed. It was designed by marketers for marketers. Now all your marketing reports and dashboards are automated in real-time.
Who should use Improvado?
Improvado is for any marketer seeking to simplify and streamline the work of aggregating data into an easy to use database. The program automates the entire process-- freeing up your time to work on other marketing tasks.
Improvado has hundreds of integrations with platforms like Facebook, Linkedin, Snapchat, Shopify, Mailchimp, Salesforce and more. This makes it easy to get the data you need, from wherever it lives. Integrations run deep and pull granular data from both the keyword and ad level.
Improvado allows you to view data in real time, viewing your marketing performance from a high level or drill in to the nitty gritty details.
It's easy to create custom dashboards and reports, but their customer service team is incredibly helpful if you need their support. Their customer support is available throughout every step and pays close attention to the specific needs of the individual client. Collected data is viewable on the BI tool of your choice as well as through Improvado’s dashboard. The user experience is a high priority.
- Excellent customer support throughout every step
- Simple implementation with no developer needed
- Integrations are granular and deep
- Ability to pull data from numerous platforms
- Compatible other BI tools, including Looker and Tableau
- Data aggregated in real time to a single destination
- Completely customizable, including custom metrics and integrations
- While some of the more granular features can seem complicated, customer service is excellent at helping users through any issues and building any needed custom calculations.
- Some initial back and forth may be needed with customer support to set up dashboards and reports exactly how you want them.
Improvado pricing is done on a custom basis. The company can assess your business needs and give you pricing details during a call.
Improvado has 80+ Integrations with plans to grow to 500. They can also build out custom integrations for any data source you request.