Improvado is committed to a vision of minimizing transaction costs for people to get business answers. Today, data lives in many different siloes and business users need to rely on scarce technical resources in order to get the answers they need to do their job effectively. Improvado is changing that.
Improvado’s product is an Enterprise Data Platform for Marketers, Data Analysts, and Strategists that allows you to easily aggregate data from 250+ marketing platforms like Google and Facebook, into one place, transform that data into the format you need, and visualize that data in your platform of choice. We automate up to 90% of manual work related to reporting and uncover large revenue-generating opportunities for your Marketing teams that are hidden amongst the data. Improvado’s ability to process large amounts of data at high speeds enables us to help and customize solutions for Enterprise Brands more than anyone in the market. Today, some of our partners are ASUS, Illy, Activision, AdRoll, Docker, HIMS, OMD, etc.
At Improvado, we are extremely curious, open, and hard-working. We value diversified experience and opinion and we know that makes us greater than the sum of our parts. We are looking for great people who want to grow and develop fast, personally, and professionally, and Improvado offers that collaborative high-growth environment. Our HQ is in California with offices globally.
About the Job
We are looking for a Head of Product Marketing to join our core Marketing team. As a Head of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing our overall product and services marketing strategy.
In addition, you will lead the team of marketers responsible for the messaging, packaging, and delivery of our products to market. You will also be responsible for implementing a new product strategy working closely with our product team and leading customer research.
This individual will be responsible for owning product marketing on a global basis for Improvado.
This person will be a key driver in Improvado’s future growth, through launching new products, enabling a global sales force, ideating key campaigns and go-to-market strategies, and evangelizing new innovations in the marketing analytics space.
The selected candidate will work closely with our Product Management team to help drive the product launch and go-to-market strategy for new features. They’ll work closely with our Account Managers, Account Executives, Enablement, and Sales Engineers, and enable them to effectively position our products and solutions and differentiate our offerings from our competition.
We’re looking for a person who is unendingly curious, customer-obsessed, competitor-obsessed, compelling storyteller, revenue-focused. This role requires a strong vision, leadership, project management, interpersonal, and analytical skills. Relevant experience working in revenue or marketing technology is preferred.
You will develop the plan to allocate and align your resources to company objectives, then manage the execution of the plan. You will also be a key voice in defining and articulating our marketing, product, and GTM strategy.
- Own executive relationships across sales, marketing, product, and strategy to shape Improvado’s go-to-market efforts and corporate direction
- Lead all cross-functional stakeholders (sales, product management, marketing, enablement, strategy) to launch new products and capabilities
- Work closely with the CSO, and team, to evolve the pricing and packaging strategy to maximize growth opportunities and increase the customer lifetime value
- Steer strategic analyst relations initiatives, including briefings, presentations, and events to effectively communicate Improvado’s product capabilities, vision, and roadmap
- Continuously develop core product marketing deliverables, including positioning, core messaging, naming, sales tools and collateral, case studies, and revenue enablement, in service of winning deals
- Shape our competitive position in the market by delivering win/loss reporting, representing the voice of the customers/influencers, and providing market intelligence to other functions
- Sit at the center of revenue enablement and content creation, working in collaboration and driving strong relationships between product marketing and sales, web, growth, product management, customer, and corporate marketing
- Serve as a thought leader, storyteller, and spokesperson to bring corporate positioning and product roadmap/innovation to life
- Create product positioning and messaging for Improvado’s products, services, and solutions.
- Build the strategy and drive the execution of product launches and partnerships, including pricing, packaging, positioning, etc.
- Create sales tools and collateral including presentations, datasheets, case studies, demo videos, and white papers. Train and support Improvado’s global sales team and channel partners to articulate product positioning and advantages.
- Partner with the Improvado demand generation and global marketing teams to design and launch campaigns designed to create measurable pipeline impact and impact brand awareness with key enterprise buyers.
- Sit at the center of sales enablement and content creation, working in collaboration and driving strong relationships between product marketing and sales, web, digital, product management, community and support teams
- Ensure that the team is developing differentiated messaging, positioning, and value propositions for partner and consumer-facing Marketing Analytics products/solutions
- Lead product launches, set competitive positioning, manage marketing support for the Improvado’s product lines
- Drive core product marketing deliverables, including positioning, core messaging, naming, sales tools and collateral, case studies, and sales and partner enablement, enabling sales teams to win deals.
- Create thought leadership content pieces by researching relevant topics for particular personas, topics from Marketing Analytics and ETL space.
- Strive to continuously deliver industry, market and product insights and vision to support product roadmap/positioning, campaign development and other relevant areas, and company growth.
- Own our competitive landscape, including enabling our sales and marketing teams and owning the creation and maintenance of battlecards (updating, creating, and training teams on them)
- Create and maintain sales collateral and enablement that speaks to our core value proposition
- Take on launches for Core capabilities and features, including our paid services
- Develop & repurpose thought leadership stories to support our partner team & other GTM leads
- 7+ years of product marketing experience for a B2B SaaS organization that targets a primarily enterprise customer base. The ideal candidate will have experience either working with data driven solutions targeting marketing and product buyers at both executives, managers and users.
- 5+ years of experience in MarTech/AdTech and Marketing Analytics Space
- A people-focused leader with a proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives
- Proven experience launching new products and growing to a mature business
- Track record of delivering impactful sales enablement content and programs
- Experience creating and evolving world-class competitive intelligence programs
- Proven ability to lead teams driving product marketing including positioning and messaging development and different content types for different audiences and channels
- Ability to lead by example, motivate and mentor teams with strong executive presentation skills
- Experience in managing large product roll-outs to existing customers and partners and in existing and new markets
- Strong internal customer focus with desire to learn all aspects of the business
- High level of discipline, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while still maintaining a high-level of accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Team-player and positive attitude, eager to do more and help out, views challenging situations as opportunities
- Self-motivated, proactive, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Remote OK
- Landed 22M Series A funding in May 2022
- Strong Product/Market Fit
- Competitive Compensation Package (including a generous amount of equity for companies stage)
- Ideal Time & Stage to Benefit from Companies Growth
- Extremely Fun & Open Working Environment
- Unlimited paid time off to relax and recharge
- A Large Team of Experienced Engineers
- Investors in Improvado are Silicon Valley Elites; i.e., Jonah Goodhart (SVP Oracle Data Cloud, Former Founder & CEO of MOAT), Kim Perell (CEO Amobee), Toby Gabriner (Former CEO Nextroll, CEO Bitly), Auren Hoffman (Founder & Former CEO of LiveRamp), etc.. as well as Bullpen Capital and 500-Start Ups