To use a Google Data Studio visualization platform you should visit https://report.improvado.io/visualizations/google-data-studio/ and generate your connection credentials (or get already generated ones). At the Templates tab on the same page and on our tutorial page http://improvado.io/help/templates/google-data-studio you can see a pre-defined template, showing how to use GDS visualization capabilities with improvado report data. Feel free also to look at our video tutorial.
How to create new GDS report from template
- Make a copy from the template report.
- Add Data source for overview platforms level and delete data sources which you don’t require.
- Change data source for each widget on the sheet.
- Change filters by account_id for other sheets and also delete filters which you don’t require on tab manage filters
How to use filter for dimension data in GDS
- Create a new data source for example for Adwords Campaign Performance tab, using accordingly database table (adsets_raw_table_adwords)
- Click on the current data source
- Click button create new data source
- Select connectors as PostgreSQL
- Fill your credentials and connect to your database (click on a button “authenticate”)
- Select table which you want to use (in this case we selected table “adsets_raw_table_adwords” )
- Rename our new data source
- Click button “Add to report”
- Add filter for our widget.
- You always should use as “Date range dimension” parameter “date_yyyymmdd”
- To add a filter you need to figure out account_id in your Google Adwords and then click on the button “Add a filter”
- Click on the button “create filter”
- Select account_id as a search field
- Select equal to(=) as a condition
- Fill example: value as your account_id for the report which you can find in your platform(Adwords, Facebook etc.) account
- Also, you can rename filter as you want
- To finish creating filter click save