Connect Data from Facebook Ads to Sisense
If you need to get Facebook Ads data into Sisense, you have come to the right place. This simple and quick guide gives you easy instructions on how you can extract your data from Facebook Ads and then analyze it in Sisense. Understanding and analyzing your various advertising efforts on Facebook and the way they impact other functions in your organization will help you considerably grow and understand your customers. As Facebook is rapidly growing its digital advertising presence, many companies have sizeable advertising data that they need to store and analyze. You can connect Facebook Ads and Sisense, and easily drill down to all your data from adverts, determine how much you pay, how engaged your audience is with your product and convert new users.
Facebook is the world's most popular social network, equipped with a powerful advertising network where billions of dollars are spent each year. Marketers love using Facebook Ads ads to reach their target audience at scale.
Sisense is an amazing business intelligence platform which lets you join, picture out and analyze information you need to make more intelligent and better business decisions. With Sisense, you may easily unify all your Facebook Ads data into visually appealing dashboards through a user-friendly drag and drop interface. Its intuitive business intelligence reporting component is an important element of a software stack which also includes incredible tools to prep, connect, and govern data use.
Before loading your data into Sisense, you will have to prep it first. If you don't already have a data structure in which to store the data you retrieve, you'll have to create a schema for your data tables. Then, for each value in the response, you'll need to identify a predefined datatype (INTEGER, DATETIME, etc.) and build a table that can receive them.
Facebook Ads's documentation should tell you what fields are provided by each endpoint, along with their corresponding datatypes. Complicating things is the fact that the records retrieved from the source may not always be "flat" – some of the objects may actually be lists. In these cases you'll likely have to create additional tables to capture the unpredictable cardinality in each record.
You have three options for extracting data from Facebook:
- You can export a report that you have created and saved. All you have to do is navigate to Ads reporting from the Facebook Ads Manager navigation and click on the report and then click Export.
- You can use a tool like Improvado. By leveraging Improvado, you can easily and quickly integrate, connect, and see all your Facebook Ads Insights data flow seamlessly into your desired visualization tool or database. Improvado does not require any technical skills to operate. You can sync your data over with just a few clicks.
Sisense is great as it enables quick and easy access to tables within your CSV files. You can upload data in two ways.
The first option is to upload your Facebook Ads data file to the Sisense Server. As soon as the file is uploaded, your data would be imported into the web-based ElastiCube as it was at the time you uploaded the file. The other option is to define your file location on the Sisense Server.
You can import your Facebook data from the CSV files by following these steps:
- Create a new ElastiCube in the Data page of the ElastiCube Manager.
- Click in the ElastiCube.
- You will see the Add Data dialog box. To open the CSV settings, click CSV.
- Click on File Upload. To upload your data file, click Browse, and then navigate to the file that you need to upload. Now select the CSV files you want to upload and click on Next.
- You will see the Select Table list. You have to click on to select preview the relevant columns and then display the Settings. These settings provide more options to customize your data.
You can define the following settings in the Settings area:
- Culture: This defines various settings, like the format of your date.
- First Row has Field Names: This enables you to easily specify column names in the table depending on the first-row header of the spreadsheet.
- Delimiter: This allows you to select the character which separates different values within your CSV file.
After selecting all the required tables, click Done. Your tables will be added to the schema in Sisense.
Keeping data up to date
If you've made it this far, congrats! You probably have a written a program or script to extract your data and move it into Sisense.
Now it's time to think about how you will keep this data up-to-date by loading updated or new data. Of course, you can just replicate all your data every time you have updated your records, but that would be extremely manual and time-consuming. Luckily there is a better way.
The Easiest And Fastest Way To Do It
If all this sounds a bit overwhelming, don't worry -- there is an easier way to get this done!
Thankfully, products like Improvado were developed to move data from Facebook to Sisense automatically. Using Improvado, you can easily combine the most crucial and relevant data from your social media ad campaign into a dashboard. You can then connect this data to Sisense.